Corsair Community

Running Dominator 3,466Mhz via XMP, is Voltage OK?

iHandsomeDevil

Hi, I have the 3,466Mhz Dominator (4x16GB) and it's running great on XMP I on my Z390 Mobo. But I just wanted to know, is 1.35v a safe voltage for this RAM? And also can I or should I undervolt it? I don't mind losing 100-200Mhz if I can undervolt and drop my RAM temps (they are around 30-34c).

Pretty much any kit over 2666 is going to be using 1.35v and no, it is not even remotely close to the temperature threshold. It is also unlikely you will be able to take the voltage down much on a 4x16@3466. Memory instability sucks. That is a fair amount of work with some drawbacks to reduce your RAM temps by 4C while giving up the memory performance you just paid for. If you want to see the range in temperature, take off XMP and run it at the default 2133 values (1.20v). You may not be overly impressed with the temperature reduction. On the other hand, I am running a stack of 4 of those modules at 4000@1.40v with tight timings. My RAM temps peak about 5C more than you in a warm room. You can use them however you like. Temperature is not going to be a limiting factor.