Corsair Community

iCUE Using System Resources

Pocah

This is different to the other post about this, so I will post a new thread.

I have a 9700K yet iCUE is using 2.8% of the CPU resources.

It's not doing anything for heavens sake. It's controlling four fans and that's it.

Also I have noticed that there is a considerable jump in my GPU temperature when iCUE is visible on the desktop.

Normally they GPU is rock solid at 32 Degrees C, but within a minute of placing iCUE on the desktop that starts to rise to a somewhat unstable reading of 36 degrees. It doesn't do this for any other app, and no graphs are configured in iCEU. The moment I minimise iCEU then the temperature slowly falls back to 32 degrees.

I mean seriously, what is going on?

I have updated to the latest iCUE but this problem is NOT related to a recent version, I was in fact running a much older version before this and it had the same issue.

Regarding the GPU, iCUE using OpenGL for all rendering. This is done on the GPU itself. So yes, showing iCUE - graphs or not - does add work to the GPU.

As for iCUE - what are you running for lighting? What happens if you switch to Instant Lighting?

Hi.

I'n not, I don't have any lighting.

iCEU shows my PSU which is Corsair and my H115i and four Corsair fans which are controlled via a Commander Pro. But there are no lights connected to the Commander Pro.

I have been unable to find a solution to this. The only one thing I can say is that it goes back a long way. I tried iCUE 3.9.93 and it's the same.

I am not sure that deconfiguring anything makes a difference. It seems to be using about 3% even if it's doing nothing. I suppose it could be polling things even when not configured, just because it has found those devices, but 3% is a lot for just that.

g4bTF9J

Capture.thumb.JPG.f1a605d942e679fdf3045491f260d225.JPG

Edited by Pocah

• Corsair Employee
Just the running process is going to use some system resources. Just gathering the hardware data is going to do something. We are working constantly to make iCUE more efficient, but your aren't going to find a workaround for iCUE using your system resources to run. It's an active process that is actively updating data within it. If all you have are 4 corsair fans connected to your motherboard, you can certainly opt to control them from the BIOS instead of an active software.

iCue is definitely ruining almost all aspects of my gaming experience. I joined this forum just to join in on these subjects because as far as I can tell, my games run like crap when iCue is running. I had to force off all graphics settings specifically for icue.exe in the nvidia control panel just for it to not make my screen flicker by moving my mouse on the desktop.

It's not the polling rate. I can set everything down to 125 and nothing changes. Apex Legends, Fortnite, PUBG, Division 2, LoL, all run like garbage whenever I move the mouse. If I exit iCue it runs like butter. I've had this corsair K95/ST100/MM800/Ironclaw setup for maybe a month. I don't see why this would randomly start happening but after doing some research it's not just me and this isn't a new issue.

I could honestly live without the light customization right now. It's the fact that I cant use the DPI I want if I want to play that kills me.

Edited by quattr0

• Corsair Employee
iCue is definitely ruining almost all aspects of my gaming experience. I joined this forum just to join in on these subjects because as far as I can tell, my games run like crap when iCue is running. I had to force off all graphics settings specifically for icue.exe in the nvidia control panel just for it to not make my screen flicker by moving my mouse on the desktop.

It's not the polling rate. I can set everything down to 125 and nothing changes. Apex Legends, Fortnite, PUBG, Division 2, LoL, all run like garbage whenever I move the mouse. If I exit iCue it runs like butter. I've had this corsair K95/ST100/MM800/Ironclaw setup for maybe a month. I don't see why this would randomly start happening but after doing some research it's not just me and this isn't a new issue.

I could honestly live without the light customization right now. It's the fact that I cant use the DPI I want if I want to play that kills me.

Set Gsync to run in Fullscreen only: https://www.howtogeek.com/270672/how-to-enable-optimize-and-tweak-nvidia-g-sync/

I appreciate the suggestion, although I currently keep it set that way.

I have even tried switching to Fullscreen/Windowed for GSYNC and trying the windowed modes for my games to no avail.

But even right now as I type this, if I click and drag my Chrome window it's noticeably choppy for 144hz until I completely exit iCUE. Sitting at the desktop with no windows except for the task manager, and the "Corsair.Service.CpuIdRemote" process is consistently near the top for CPU usage. iCUE (32 bit)" will jump up to 5%-7% just from moving the mouse around. I can essentially make my system jump from 9% to 30% total CPU usage by making circles on the desktop.