Corsair Community

GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO&Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO

Orinocos

Hey Everyone,

I bought this Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (8x2) 16GB 3600Mhz (CMW16GX4M2Z3600C18) Ram kit but forgot to check the QVL list and later noticed that it is not there. Even though it is not on the list would they work together without any problem? Thanks in advance.

It's probably the motherboard, I had the Z390 PRO WIFI, that damn thing was a nightmare, BIOS are horrible, the software is such a cruel joke.

Thank God the fellas at newegg.com were able to give me an RMA for it and didn't get my money back but who cares I needed a new board, so I bought the ASUS MAXIMUS XI for $100 more but that will never buy the 4 days I wasted figuring out why my settings were never saved with that AORUS motherboard.

I'm 100% positive that the RAM is not the issue, it's an Intel chipset, they've always worked with Corsair RAM. And updating the BIOS won't help, I had to revert back to the F9 because the F10 wasn't really an improvement.

Can you elaborate?

Well, when i try to run it in dual channel mode PC restarts itself over and over so i called the place i bought it from and they said it may be because of your rams since its not on the QVL list. Didn't really believe them so i asked here on the forums to be sure, i think i will send it back and try to get a refund.

Btw i tried looking for bent pins, updated bios, tried with another ram kit etc and it wasn't the issue.

And Nazgul, which ASUS MAXIMUS XI did you buy the hero one? Are you satisfied with it? (BIOS,rgb&other software etc)

Yes Orinocos, I bought the HERO, and it's the best Z390 board IMO. I wanted to keep the AORUS but I wasn't the only one having issues with it, a couple of youtube reviewers had the same issue and pointed out how bad the BIOS is.

ASUS to me doesn't worry about the competition, whereas GIGABYTE is losing market to MSI and ASROCK and to me that seems to be the issue, GIGABYTE is just spewing anything with poor BIOS and complete garbage software.

As for the MAXIMUS XI HERO? Yes, I paid $100 more than the AORUS but it's worth it, the BIOS and software work side by side w/o any glitches at all, I've been able to set everything in the BIOS and if I needed to do some extra tweaking I use the Dual Intelligent Processor 5 software and settings never change back or it won't take them, like the AORUS did.

I don't trust GIGABYTE this time around and I doubt that I'll ever buy a motherboard from them, being that I wasted 4 full days figuring out why I was having issues.

ASUS motherboards are like Plug n' Play......

Guys as an update to the post, just when i was going to RMA it i accidently bent some pins of the CPU while uninstalling the motherboard. Then i proceeded to try to repair it using the Linus' video as a guide. After the repair, i tried installing the rams in dual channel and it worked. I'm writing this in hopes of maybe this will be of help to some people in the future. Thanks to all of you who helped me.

• 1 month later...
Guys as an update to the post, just when i was going to RMA it i accidently bent some pins of the CPU while uninstalling the motherboard. Then i proceeded to try to repair it using the Linus' video as a guide. After the repair, i tried installing the rams in dual channel and it worked. I'm writing this in hopes of maybe this will be of help to some people in the future. Thanks to all of you who helped me.

Were the CPU pins bent or the motherboard socket pins?