• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

Ran into this problem tonight. I have a Strafe and use the USB port on the back for my Scimitar. This setup had been working just fine until I had to go into CUE to make changes to my Scimitar key bindings. I'm running current 2.20.72.

Whenever I'm in Cue and fiddling with settings, I get the USB connect/disconnect audio problem.

The only ways I can get rid of this annoying problem is:

- Disconnect the Scimitar and put it into a USB hub

- Switch profile that I'm presently editing to another one

- Delete the profile

Edited by kkobashi

Just to add further information on this. I was experiencing my main monitor blanking as CUE started along with USB disconnect / reconnect.

The issue appears to be an incompatibility between the K70/software and the 360 wireless controller USB adapter that was connected to the same USB hub.

Disconnecting the 360 wireless controller eliminates the screen blanking and usb disconnect / reconnect.

Clearly this shouldn't be being caused by the CUE software but it should give some pointers to your development team and maybe offer a solution to other users.

• 2 weeks later...

CUE Software is broken, it has nothing to do with your other usb devices. Perhaps it's the motherboard USB controllers but not any connected USB devices. How do I know this? Because I spent the last 2 hours trying to diagnose where this annoying notification sound is coming from every time I startup my computer.

I disconnected all my USB devices and the sound was still there.

Disabled CUE on startup and no sound.

Reconnect all USB devices and no sound.

Re-enable CUE on startup and the cursed sound is back again.

ALSO my STRAFE Keyboard is falling apart, when I reset my pc and enter bios it does not work and the colours are stuck on the board. The keys are fading which you already know and the CORSAIR logo is peeling. How a keyboard can be so problematic I don't know.

• 6 months later...

I have a K55 RGB keyboard and HS70 wireless headset. They both work ok but I get the USB disconnect sound when starting up my PC with CUE installed. The sound goes away when CUE is not installed.

I've tried everything in this thread to resolve it but nothing has worked.

Corsair, are you still working on a fix for this?

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fresh install of the latest version of Win 10 and latest version of iCUE.

I have the K70 lux keyboard plugged into the rear USB3 ports. MB is ASUS Z170 premium with the latest bios.

Last year I have experienced the same issue after running the Creator Update and decided to uninstall iCUE and just use Corsair Link for my h115i. However, I have recently replaced my fans with ML RGB and Corsair Link is way too limited when it comes to configuring the lighting node pro compared to iCUE.

Edited by P$ych0

• 3 weeks later...
Same here. It also happens randomly the whole time I am using my rig. When it does this sometimes the mouse hangs for a second. Hasn't happened in game though. I thought it may be a conflict with my Razer mouse so I gave it to my son and bought a Dark Core. I love the mouse but the issue persists.

• 1 month later...

Same here. Following a system upgrade, I fitted a Corsair H100i PRO Platinum SE and was quite annoyed when I discovered that seemingly every usb-enumerating application will now cause the icue service/drivers go haywire.

the otherwise smooth color changes in the H100i will at some point become erratic and janky, and every few seconds there is an USB disconnect/reconnect audio notification.

restarting the service from within icue solves the issue at times, but this is not really an acceptable longterm solution. it is hardly imaginable that this issue persists since 2016 now.

EDIT: iCue error log shows a

2019-03-17 15:02:47.8742 | 34 | DESKTOP-0SF9VLI | 3.13.0.11 | PlatinumDeviceHidCommunicationHandler | ReadBufferWithRetry -> Operation timed out.

every time this happens.

Edited by Element47

• 1 month later...

I have just bought a K95 Platinum keyboard and Scimitar mouse and get the same pesky disconnect sound when launching iCUE. I have no other issues. I ran the following PowerShell command to compare devices before and after opening.

Get-PnpDevice | Format-Table -AutoSize > devices.log

It looks like the software is connecting/disconnecting some virtual devices. Devices that went from status "Unknown" to "OK":

HID-compliant mouse - HID\VIRTUALDEVICE&10&COL04\2&1F1CA0F9&0&0003

HID-compliant consumer control device - HID\VIRTUALDEVICE&10&COL05\2&1F1CA0F9&0&0004

HID-compliant mouse - HID\VIRTUALDEVICE&10&COL01\2&1F1CA0F9&0&0000

HID Keyboard Device - HID\VIRTUALDEVICE&10&COL02\2&1F1CA0F9&0&0001

Devices that went from from status "OK" to "Unknown":

HID Keyboard Device - HID\VIRTUALDEVICE&10\2&1F1CA0F9&0&0000

Maybe this is just a red herring, but could that last keyboard device be the cause of the phantom disconnect sound? I also get some errors about devices in the application logs on startup (see attached), but I haven't been able to spot any IDs matching those above.

2019-04-25T18-03-17.log

• 5 weeks later...

It seems to be issue with iCUE purely.

When I have iCUE installed i do hear the Connect/Disconnect sound - When i uninstall iCUE i do not hear that sound anymore.

I have had this issue with both Windows 10 1903 and 1809 builds.

I had that issue with just Hydro H150i connected to PC and when i bought K55 keyboard i had this issue(additionally i started to get issue that K55 RGB Keyboard Incompatible Firmware during boot) When the firmware does not load properly most programs start to open very slowly aswell(for example Steam).

With iCUE uninstalled there is no issue whatsoever.

Running iCUE 3.16.56 and K55 runs V 30.06 firmware, H150i runs v.1.0.4 firmware.

Tried different USB Ports the issue was still there

So far i have tried this workaround: Device manager -> USB ROOT HUB -> Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

Still monitoring this but for now at first restart i did not hear the Connect/Disconnect sound. Personally i think a user should not custom configure their device for things to work so i hope it gets fixed in future updates. I know when i had iCUE 2. version then i did not have this issue.

Motherboard is Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO and all drivers are up-to date

Update: Even after disabling it i still hear the Connect/Disconnect sound.

Is there any other software where i can control the Fan speeds + pump of H150i (Quiet/Balance/Extreme) as i do need the Balance mode to cool off the computer and when i uninstall iCUE it by default goes into Quiet mode. I do not care about the RGB lights of the cooling or keyboard as the case is a closed case so i do not see that anyway and i just want a functional keyboard overall.

Update V2: When i hear the Connected sound while i turn on PC the following programs start:

ESET, Nvidia Geforce Experience, Logitech Gaming software(as i got Logitech Mouse and keyboard), Skype, Steam

When i hear Disconnect sound: iCUE starts and my profiles for H150i and K55 are loaded.

Problem Occurred on Windows 10 1809 and freshly installed Windows 10 1903 latest builds

Edited by Asuradeva
Update V2

• 1 month later...

Same issue here and now I've been staring at ICue copying new files for an update with it stuck midway for the past 20 minutes or so. :roll:

I also believe Icue is causing my rig to take for freakin ever to boot up as that is about the only thing really left starting with windows. Fresh install a bit back yielded the same results. Heck I have the SN750 for an OS so it sure isn't drive load times causing it.

Edited by scgt1