Corsair Community

Extension cable to connect RGB led strips to Lightning Node Pro

ccyan

My friend gave me 3 RGB strips but he lost the extension cables for them. I tried using the RGB cable that came with my LL120 fans to connect the fan hub to the LNP but that wire didn't work with the LED strips because I noticed it only has 2 wires instead of 3. If I plug the RGB strips directly into the LNP, they turn on, but I need an extension cable to connect them because the wire on the strips are really short.

So my question is, what kind of cable should I use for this purpose, and where can I get it? A quick google search for "3 pin RGB cable extension" yielded a bunch of different kinds of wires and there's the issue with amps and voltage (which I have absolutely no idea what is the correct value). I'd appreciate any help.

Thank you for reading.

I don't think Corsair sells a separate extension cable in the parts store. They only are included in the Lighting Node Pro Strip kit and with expansion strip kits IIRC. Unless you want to buy a whole kit, you could buy a non-Corsair custom cable from piratedogtech.com, he carries a lot of Corsair adapters/mods and items that Corsair doesn't not manufacture or sell separately.