Corsair Community

Corsair Obsidian 1000D Build Log/How to Guide

lol.. I know that feeling lol... but i do try to sit it out a bit longer lol.. just come from a 4790k to the i7 8700k lol.. but yeah.. well over 2k on Corsair stuff in last 18 months

Yeah me too actually, I am moving up from an Asus extreme 3. and the very first 17 core 920. almost 15 years old!. So now just daisy chain the three CoPros and wire lights in sequence on the hubs 1-6---1-6--1-6 Sure will make it easier. The 8 light strips through the node pro- which usb is on a CoPro show up as a group of fans --so separate MObo USb for them.

to add... 6 strips... or 6 corsair RGB Fans via the Corsair RGB Fan LED hub ;)...

I gotta tell you Zotty, I am in awe of this Corsair outfit. Nobody else has come up with a plan to make so many different products work together. Brilliant strategy, buy one, get hooked and then buy the rest--I already have their 360 AIO on my list. Thermaltake has a few products that work together but not nearly as many! I of course, will be making some changes the end of the week and try some of yuour hookups, it's the one area where the company falls down, their instructions are abysmal. I think this forum is taking the plave of them.

Hey, @Zotty; I think I've read that you eventually wanted to use an H150i AIO in your build. And I've read somewhere on the forum that the H150i tubing would reach okay when installed at the front of the Obsidian 1000D case.

It does, kind-of, reach. But I have to say that, having gotten it up and running that way, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to anybody. I think it would either make more sense up top (requiring purchase of a 8 fan bracket from Corsair, although there is restricted airflow up there, so maybe not a great idea either), or just forgo the H150i and go with a custom loop where you can have tubing as long as you need.

As I said, I got it working, but it was VERY close and is putting way more stress on both the H150i tubes, on the CPU bracket, on the DIMM module closest to the immediate right of the CPU chip. It was really hard to install due to the length of tubing - it kept rotating the AIO's bracket such that it unattached from the cooler (from the heatsink/pump, I mean).

The tubes are stretched very tight (which is what's putting slight sideways pressure on the DIMM module). I have 4 LL120s attached to the fan bracket in the front, with the H150i installed as follows (viewed from within the case):

o o

x o

x o

x o

(If looking at it from the front of the case, it would be a mirror image, as follows):

o o

o x

o x

o x

The 'x's being where the AIO fans are. I have the AIO fans (the ML120s) installed on the backside to pull from the radiator. So it's set up as push-pull using the LL's on the front-side.

It's possible, of course, to install the radiator on the opposite side, but that is pretty much equally as tight (I tested by sliding the fan tray over).

My use of the H150i was always going to be temporary. I'm going to overclock a bit, record some benchmarks, then delid the i9-7940x, then overclock some more and benchmark. Then I'm going to do a custom waterloop, overclock some more and benchmark some more.

So ultimately, the H150i will get yanked and used to replace an AIO I have in an older build. I was always planning this, but even if I weren't, I would not keep the H150i as currently configured for very long because the tubing is just too stretched for my comfort level.

Hope this helps.

Hi buddy,,, if i moved my h150i (its in my 570x atm) over i would mount it up top.. but tbh.. got the h115i pro in at the moment and all is well.. its going to be custom looped eventually any ways ;)

you know they also do a 4x120mm fan tray? ;) :)

thanks for the info though dude :)

Hi buddy,,, if i moved my h150i (its in my 570x atm) over i would mount it up top.. but tbh.. got the h115i pro in at the moment and all is well.. its going to be custom looped eventually any ways ;)

you know they also do a 4x120mm fan tray? ;) :)

thanks for the info though dude :)

If I were doing it again, I might have used the h115i up top as well since, like you, I'm doing a custom loop once the dust clears anyway and it would be a better fit. I went with the h150i because of the Silicon Lottery QVL requirements for my processor.

If I were doing it again, I might have used the h115i up top as well since, like you, I'm doing a custom loop once the dust clears anyway and it would be a better fit. I went with the h150i because of the Silicon Lottery QVL requirements for my processor.

H150i was the natural choice for the 570x imho.. soon as it came out I got one and i felt it completed the 570x package..

The 1000D is very forgiving if you head up top with the AIO option.. can still slide the upper tray out most of the way if you do your fan cabling with a bit of thought and still look tidy. would be really helpfull for need to clean the fans moments..... will be covered in here fairly soon ;)..

OK Zotty, I've got the third CoPro installed--I now have all lights--and your solution, connect to chassis has worked for the last string of lights<I've got all the lights working but the CoPros don't show up on the CoPro dash and I cant make changes to them, they seem to be stuck on default off to watch a couple DoPro vids on U-tube

the copros don't show up in the Icue sir, maybe some kind of signal interference? I did get the first two sets of 6 fans to sync, but nothing on Icue. The first two copros, one is to the mobo and the next two chain off of that one. Thing is the first two have nothing in the led or usb slots while the third has a node pro in the usb slot, and it wont even sync, while the first two do. I think i'll try something different with the node pro and try an led slot on one of the copros, Edited by apistodave

did you use usbdview to see if windows is seeing them?

That's a download right? Ok I used it and they don't show up anywhere. I did reverse their order and one is now showing up, but if I string them together shouldn't I be getting just one showing up--aren't the USB outs on these things pass throughs?

Edited by apistodave