Corsair Community

Buttons on the VOID headset

Hi Antares004,

Currently we do not support that function. It was a feature we thought about but ultimately decided not to go with because... how often would you use a macro in games since it would require that your hand leaves the keyboard or mouse to activate. With that said, if there's enough demand for it, we can always take another look.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi Antares004,

Currently we do not support that function. It was a feature we thought about but ultimately decided not to go with because... how often would you use a macro in games since it would require that your hand leaves the keyboard or mouse to activate. With that said, if there's enough demand for it, we can always take another look.

Hello,

I miss this feature so much.

When i was buying those headphones i was kinda expecting that feature.

I thought it was common with wireless headphones.

Is there any way of showing demand for this feature ? Im sure there are amounts of people waiting for this.

Hello,

I miss this feature so much.

When i was buying those headphones i was kinda expecting that feature.

I thought it was common with wireless headphones.

Is there any way of showing demand for this feature ? Im sure there are amounts of people waiting for this.

Create a thread and get tons of views and responses. That way if popular enough I can bring it up with the Product Manager and we'll take another look at this just as we did with double shot keycaps.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Create a thread and get tons of views and responses. That way if popular enough I can bring it up with the Product Manager and we'll take another look at this just as we did with double shot keycaps.

We need to be able to change the buttons, it is something really useful when you are far away from the keyboard, and I need to pause/play the songs.

The mute button is not useful at all, because you can just pull up the mic (what I always do...).

• 4 months later...

I personally don't think Corsair will ever recieve a massive outcry for this feature because it's a convenience feature, and like most conveniences people don't really know they want it until they've considered the possibility, or had it in other applications.

Because of that I believe Corsair should take the initiative in implementing this as a feature rather than waiting for an outcry that will never come, because while this might not be useful in a heated gamer moment:tm: it's incredibly useful for those who have the wireless headset model and want to talk without being tied to their keyboard all of the time.

but that's just like, my opinion man.

• 7 months later...
Hi

I would like to know if it is possible to set what to buttons on the headset do in the CUE software? I can't find any information regarding this I hope someone here has an answer :)

I googled, and came to this topic.

Hi Antares004,

I also saw this message.

I would like to say;

1. You can mute your headset by pressing the button,

2. You can also mute by moving your mic up (and the red led comes on /showing its off)

(My point is, why make 2 options for muting yourself if you only need one?)

I would really like to be able to add a macro to this mute button, for example "next song" or "mute sound".

Since i love playing video games, but i also enjoy sitting on discord while being on the sofa watching tv and talking to my friends at the same time.

Or falling asleep with my headset on while listing to music, but when a ****ty song comes on. I can't skip it, and i'd have to go to my pc in the other room while in bed.. :[pouts:

I got "Corsair VOID PRO RGB WIRELESS SE" (the yellow one) for a few months now and i love it! But missing this option.

It would be great if you could add this macro possiblity and keep it the way it is, but allow people to change it if they want to. :o:

Hope this message will get your attention.

stay safe #corona

Have a nice day!

Much love from The Netherlands #The Hague

Alex/WireleZz

Edited by WireleZz

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I understand that this is quite an old thread but as a user of a CORSAIR Void Headset, I really support the idea of being able to bind the mute button as a micro, for example, to mute an external mic when using Discord or things to that regard.

• 2 weeks later...

As with the post above mine, I fully support this idea. I created this account for the sole purpose of saying this

I like the idea of sitting back in my chair/bed and being able to run a program, pause music etc with my headset without touching my keyboard/mouse

• 2 months later...
I was shocked this wasn't a feature. Someone was asking me for a headset product recommendation that had PTT and I was going to tell him about my Void Pro (this guy has a ton of $$$ to blow), but this + wireless was the only feature he was looking for to upgrade. You lost a sale over something that seems pretty easy to implement, Corsair.

• 2 months later...
We need to be able to change the buttons, it is something really useful when you are far away from the keyboard, and I need to pause/play the songs.

The mute button is not useful at all, because you can just pull up the mic (what I always do...).

Exactly my thinking!!! I have two ways to mute, a single-purpose power button and no way to use those for other functions. I would like to play/pause!

• 1 month later...

I love my Void Elite headset. The one thing it's missing is a button that can be programmed to be push to talk (PTT) or skip song as I see other users would like that feature.

It's hard to believe that it never occurred to the people who design wireless headsets that gamers might want the ability to reply to their friends when they're away from the keyboard. If I only wanted to talk when seated at the computer I could have bought the less expensive wired version.

This should have been discovered as a missing feature in product development.

:idea:This seems like a no brainer, Corsair, please make it happen

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

It would be great to pause/change songs on spotify with just my void pro. We can already change the volume so why not give us more control? I'm not always at my pc which is why I went for wireless headphones

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2016 at 1:36 PM, Corsair Chris said:

Hi Antares004,

well i need to be able to change buttons so i can set it up with vlc to skip forward a song or back or pause at least be able to do something more with it, would be great!.  i mute head set by lifting it to upright position so the mute button could be used for something else the button on volume could be used as something even the press volume in and move it foreword or back to idk skip a song. plz add this.