Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB not showing up in iCue

Chrisoman

Hello,

I recently bought a bunch of new PC parts (Everything is listed in my profile) including 2 Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM sticks. I recently tried to control the RGB of the RAM with the iCUE software, but it doesn't detect the RGB for some reason. I also went ahead and deinstalled Asus Aura, then deinstalled iCue, restarted and installed iCue again, hoping that that'd fix it, but no. I don't really know any other way to fix it, especially as I can't find "ESP Write" in my BIOs anywhere and I also can't find anyone with similar specs as I have (At least not yet). I hope someone can help me on here, because my friends and I are pretty much clueless at this point.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the RGB itself is working (Rainbow) but I can't configure it through the software as it isn't showing up

Did you update the BIOS? We've had LOTS of reports of the latest BIOS version for Asus AMD board causing these kinds of issues. You may want to revert to the previous BIOS version.

TBH, I'm not sure if the problem is on the Corsair side or the Asus side but I do know that Corsair is aware of the issue.

I had the same problem. I fixed it by uninstalling iQue and Corsair Link first and then reinstalling iQue.

Corsair Link will cause multiple problems if you don't uninstall it before installing iQue.

This didn't solve the problem until I also deleted the "Corsair Link 4 Service" service. I have Windows 10 v1809, Gigabyte X299 Designare EX mb and Vengeance RGB.

For some reason the service did not get uninstalled. I had to disable it, reboot and use the command "sc delete CLink4Service". Check the name of the service from "Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services". Right click the service and select "properties" to get the short name to use in the "sc" command. You may not have the service after you uninstall Corsair Link.

I also deleted the "Corsair Link" directory from "C:\Program Files (x86)". After all of this, reboot and then install iQue.

Might help.

Did you update the BIOS? We've had LOTS of reports of the latest BIOS version for Asus AMD board causing these kinds of issues. You may want to revert to the previous BIOS version.

TBH, I'm not sure if the problem is on the Corsair side or the Asus side but I do know that Corsair is aware of the issue.

Yeah, I have the latest BIOs. I don't really like updating the BIOs though, because I'm always a little affraid that my motherboard will get brick'd. Do you maybe know anything about when they will update iCue? It's not like it'd be a super bad problem so if they'd do it in a month or so I'd prefer to let it stay this way and wait.

I had the same problem. I fixed it by uninstalling iQue and Corsair Link first and then reinstalling iQue.

Corsair Link will cause multiple problems if you don't uninstall it before installing iQue.

This didn't solve the problem until I also deleted the "Corsair Link 4 Service" service. I have Windows 10 v1809, Gigabyte X299 Designare EX mb and Vengeance RGB.

For some reason the service did not get uninstalled. I had to disable it, reboot and use the command "sc delete CLink4Service". Check the name of the service from "Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services". Right click the service and select "properties" to get the short name to use in the "sc" command. You may not have the service after you uninstall Corsair Link.

I also deleted the "Corsair Link" directory from "C:\Program Files (x86)". After all of this, reboot and then install iQue.

Might help.

I didn't try it with Link yet, as people recommended me to rather go with iCue

Yeah, I have the latest BIOs. I don't really like updating the BIOs though, because I'm always a little affraid that my motherboard will get brick'd. Do you maybe know anything about when they will update iCue? It's not like it'd be a super bad problem so if they'd do it in a month or so I'd prefer to let it stay this way and wait.

iCUE is updated about every month (ish). When will this be fixed? I can't say - it will also depend on if the issue is on Corsair's side or Asus' side. And I'm not sure who "owns" this particular issue/bug - it's also possible that it's an issue with the AGESA update from AMD.

Which BIOS version do you have? I have the same motherboard and close RAM, 3000C15 model. The RAM RGB would not light up with the latest 4207 BIOS unless I first put the RAM into my B250 PC where it lights up fine and then transfer it to my X470 PC, where it will light up with the lighting profile in the B250 PC but is not shown in iCUE and cannot change the lighting profile. Eventually the RGB will go out after making BIOS adjustments and reboots.

However, the RAM RGB had full control and was seen in iCUE in my X470 PC when using BIOS version 4018 while keeping the latest 18.10.20.02 chipset drivers. Rolling back to BIOS 4018 brings back to AGESA 1002a, where AGESA 1006 entered in BIOS 4204.

TL:DR

-BIOS 4207 will offer improvements for memory configurations (AGESA 1006 support) among other system improvements, but likely won't show the RGB RAM in iCUE, thus no RGB control.

-BIOS 4018 (AGESA 1002a support) will offer full RGB RAM control.

Which BIOS version do you have? I have the same motherboard and close RAM, 3000C15 model. The RAM RGB would not light up with the latest 4207 BIOS unless I first put the RAM into my B250 PC where it lights up fine and then transfer it to my X470 PC, where it will light up with the lighting profile in the B250 PC but is not shown in iCUE and cannot change the lighting profile. Eventually the RGB will go out after making BIOS adjustments and reboots.

However, the RAM RGB had full control and was seen in iCUE in my X470 PC when using BIOS version 4018 while keeping the latest 18.10.20.02 chipset drivers. Rolling back to BIOS 4018 brings back to AGESA 1002a, where AGESA 1006 entered in BIOS 4204.

-BIOS 4207 will offer improvements for memory configurations (AGESA 1006 support) among other system improvements, but likely won't show the RGB RAM in iCUE, thus no RGB control.

I currently have BIOs version 4204. Might try to change it to 4018 then, as I don't have any other PC where I can first configure it.

Just to let Corsair and everybody know i have an Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME AM4 motherboard and i updated to the latest bios, that was when my troubles started not showing Corsair Vengeance Pro in ICUE at all so i changed back to the older asus bios for my board which was just 1 away from the newest one and its working perfectly again, so for me it was defo my motherboards bios update that was the problem but i do hope this problem is sorted as i want the latest motherboard bios. Edited by mattyboy11

All this RGB memory control is a mess. I still can't get mine to work as I want but this might help some of you. Disable all your BIOS changes. I mean revert to defaults. This allows Icue to see my memory. If I change anything related to CPU speed or even if I set my memory to it's correct speed, Icue wont detect the memory.

I'm having the same issue - I tried the Vengeance Pro RGB RAM in my ASUS X99 system. Two different BIOS, 3 different versions of iCUE - still not showing up. Doesn't show up in AURA either. And yes, SPD Write is enabled in BIOS.

Tried the same RAM in a completely different system (AMD B350 ASUS board) and it doesn't show up in iCUE there either.

There's something screwed up here.

I have the same problem here open up a ticket a week ago and still hasn't been resolved. Im not sure if the issues is with asus or corsair downgrade the bios version 4024 and seem to work just fine but Version 4207 doesn't seem to like it I think we are just going to have to wait for a update.

I'm having the same issue - I tried the Vengeance Pro RGB RAM in my ASUS X99 system. Two different BIOS, 3 different versions of iCUE - still not showing up. Doesn't show up in AURA either. And yes, SPD Write is enabled in BIOS.

Tried the same RAM in a completely different system (AMD B350 ASUS board) and it doesn't show up in iCUE there either.

There's something screwed up here.

Hey, hey!

X99 boards are not supported.

Not sure why the attachment is not showing up, but here is confirmation from Corsair about it in the link.

https://i.imgur.com/dJy4L20.jpg

Edited by PJH

I have the same problem here open up a ticket a week ago and still hasn't been resolved. Im not sure if the issues is with asus or corsair downgrade the bios version 4024 and seem to work just fine but Version 4207 doesn't seem to like it I think we are just going to have to wait for a update.

If you updated BIOS try rolling it back after I did that on my Crosshair VI hero it showed in iCue

The latest release of iCUE, version 3.11.114, is now showing Vengeance RGB Pro RAM on the ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming motherboard running the latest ASUS BIOS, V-4207. Upon updating the iCUE software moments ago the RAM is now in sync with all my other Corsair devices. Thank you Corsair iCUE team.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. After a couple of reboots the RAM is not showing up in iCUE but the RAM is still lit, but back to the previous lighting profile setup in an older BIOS version. :/

Edited by RiverM

Having a similar issue with my Crosshair Hero VII Wifi. Issue is compounded, I believe, due to being afflicted by the iCue/CPUID crash issue as well:

Latest BIOS versions lock out Vengeance Pro RGB control completely. They don't even show up in iCue. Tried rolling back to 0804, as many were stating that version worked for them. Worked for a bit, then back to crash issues (black screening.) Per the black screen threads, renamed the CPUID dll's in iCue, then they went away again. Guessing that the RAM is controlled via CPUID, which would explain it disappearing as soon as I rename those dll's.

If I had to choose, of course I'd rather have a stable system than controllable RGB RAM (especially since I have one stick that seems to randomly lag behind the rest, not much, but enough to send my OCD into overdrive.) That being said, if I could get both to work I would be a very happy camper indeed.

Having a similar issue with my ASUS Crosshair Hero VII Wifi. BIOS rolling back to 1002 has resolved it. both 1103 and new 1201 do not show RAM in iCUE. But it must be addressed; not sure in iCUE or BIOS.

Thanks! Had the same issue, but thanks to your reply, mine is working now aswell :)

Same problem here ASUS PRIME X470-PRO. Older versions show the ram up in ICUE. Newest bios (4207) doesn't show the ram in ASUS AURA or CORSAIR ICUE. There is no DRAM SPD Write option (not sure if this has to do with it).

This really will be a problem in the future, especially with the 3rd gen Ryzens coming out (meaning it will require the latest BIOS to be able to handle the new CPU's with these motherboards).

I've created a ticket through CORSAIR and ASUS for this.

Edited by travis8814

Same problem here ASUS PRIME X470-PRO. Older versions show the ram up in ICUE. Newest bios (4207) doesn't show the ram in ASUS AURA or CORSAIR ICUE. There is no DRAM SPD Write option (not sure if this has to do with it).

This really will be a problem in the future, especially with the 3rd gen Ryzens coming out (meaning it will require the latest BIOS to be able to handle the new CPU's with these motherboards).

I've created a ticket through CORSAIR and ASUS for this.

It's something that AMD changed in the base code of the bios. Corsair knows the issue and is working on it.

• 3 weeks later...
I built my system with the ROG Crosshair Hero 7 about 4 months ago, tried updating to 1103 and the new 1201. Each time iCue fails to detect the RAM. I know someone mentioned Corsair has been working on it but given this afflicted 1103 as well this has been going on for sometime very curious how long it will take to address