View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 03:35 PM
Soundcrank's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1022143
Soundcrank Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
The H100i Platinum SE has it's own internal lighting controller (and fan controller). The radiator fans will have both their power and lighting wires come from the cooler. All lighting and speed adjustments for the fans and pump cover RGB are done within the cooler device tab in iCUE. If you are actually using Link, you probably won't see it. Link went end-of-life long before that cooler was released.

You can sync lighting from the cooler with the 6 other fans via Lighting Link options (easy). Making comprehensive and interrelated patterns is a whole different ball game and frankly a long term project. It takes a fair bit of experience, trial and error, and some light stealing of ideas from others to really understand how the effects behave. For now, basic patterns and presets will do. Sequenced waves are harder.

You don't need the Lighting Node Pro (LNP) from what you have listed. The Commander Pro is a LNP + fan controller. So 6 case fans on the C-Pro for power. Those same 6 fans into one RGB Lighting Hub (that's lighting power). Cooler is its own powered system. All control via iCUE.
Excellent, thank you. Can you recommend and decent RGB hubs that work with iCue? I only have 3 rgb headers on my board