Corsair Community

3 broken keycaps, need solution

huntn4it

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the solution was to replace the whole keyboard, why not invest in getting a full set of the doubleshot keys instead? I would think this would be cheaper.

Doesn't matter. Even Corsair's 'premium' PBTs crack. I had two sets go completely unusable with the amount they were cracked. Customer support was extremely helpful in replacing both sets. Sadly they have started to crack again.

I cannot convince myself that this is human error. Pre lux keyboards had good keycaps which I have used for well over a year and zero cracks anywhere. Contrast that with the P key cracking on all four sides, from the base of stem to the tip, in under a month.

Until Corsair investigates this issue, which has been ongoing since the lux boards, I'm afraid a mandatory replacement with quality keycaps is inevitable. Either that or stay away from their keyboards altogether.

• 2 months later...

Same problem here. Just written to support.

I've always heard great things about corsair support, but just replacing the broken key caps is complete BS. I've asked for all to be replaced. I guess I'd be happy with with replacing the whole keyboard, but as others have said the rest of it seems great, it's just the caps.

I guess it's tricky for them to start issuing out whole new products like the PBT package, but there is obviously a significant problem here and they should be prepared to replace the parts which aren't fit for purpose.

I've bought, used an loved corsair products for 10 years now including other corsair K series keyboards, Ram, PSUs, AIO and cases. Let's hope they don't end an otherwise glowing reputation.

I had the corsair PSU in my GFs PC blow a week ago and these key caps... Let's see if customer service can redeem them. Fingers crossed!

• 1 month later...

Registered just to reply to this. Got a K70 Rapidfire. Left and right Ctrl keys broke within a year. Paid for a full replacement because Corsair support told me they wouldn't cover it as it was out of warranty. A few effing weeks later the left one broke again. It's been a few months since then and now the other one is cracking.

I no longer love this keyboard as this is utter crap. Gamer and software developer and never had a keyboard break like this. I'd litter this post with expletives to vent how frustrating it is to try to type with my normal habits with two broken Ctrl keys. For what it's worth, I tend to hit them with my pinky on the outer edge but this is just garbage plastic.

• 6 months later...