Corsair Community

Vengeance Pro Rgb 3000C15 to 4266C19

digitalizeur

Hello,

I am playing on RUST and I would like to have more FPS. I have now the Corsair Vengeance Pro Rgb at 3000MHz C15 XMP with 8700K 5GHz 1.376-1.392 Volts. With a GTX1080Ti OC 2038MHz Asus ROG Strix. I am having on average 104 FPS, it goes below 80 FPS on areas with a lot of trees and grass. Sometimes, I can get 116 FPS on some areas without a high density of objects. I am playing the game with every settings crancked to the maximum except the deph of field blur. So I am wondering if I should spend some 440 Euros or 570 Euros on some ram to increase a slight bit of the performances. There is the Vengeance Pro Rgb series and the Dominator Platinum Rgb ones, I see that they're having both the same timings, what could justify that price? Theyre basically the same. On the site of Corsair, they're cheaper, I see.

Edited by digitalizeur

• 2 weeks later...

No!

Honestly I don't think it would be worth it.

If you check out performance numbers for the 8700K then you will see that changing the RAM a little really makes a trivial difference. Not even close to 500 Eu difference!! You would be far better selling the 1080ti then using the 500Eu towards a 2080ti which will give you a very substantial increase in performance ( 30% ish ). Replacing the already good RAM could only result literally in one or two extra frames.

• 2 weeks later...
No!

Honestly I don't think it would be worth it.

If you check out performance numbers for the 8700K then you will see that changing the RAM a little really makes a trivial difference. Not even close to 500 Eu difference!! You would be far better selling the 1080ti then using the 500Eu towards a 2080ti which will give you a very substantial increase in performance ( 30% ish ). Replacing the already good RAM could only result literally in one or two extra frames.

This is what makes me think that it's worth it... [ame]

[/ame]

And thus...

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by digitalizeur
https://youtu.be/4__FUhilMVU