Corsair Community

what do I do

byrnedog

This may be a lame question but I'm not sure what else to do. My new Asrock Z390 Taichi motherboard has an 8 pin atx input as well as an 4 pin right beside it. My Corsair TX650M modular PS only has an 8 pin atx plug and no 4 pin, I don't know what to do at this point. Can I use this board without the 4 pin, or do I need a new PS? Any help would be appreciated, thank you so much

This may be a lame question but I'm not sure what else to do. My new Asrock Z390 Taichi motherboard has an 8 pin atx input as well as an 4 pin right beside it. My Corsair TX650M modular PS only has an 8 pin atx plug and no 4 pin, I don't know what to do at this point. Can I use this board without the 4 pin, or do I need a new PS? Any help would be appreciated, thank you so much

Don't worry about it. The additional connector is there for extreme overclocking, so unless you are going to need more than 250w (at least I think that's the right number) for the CPU it isn't needed. Overclocked 9900K pulls 180w max on my end at 5/all. You will be fine :)

Out of curiosity what GPU you using?

Just to repeat what others have said, you don't need it. But if you are overclocking and you want it anyway, you can buy them from the Corsair shop. That's what I did. It was cheap and arrived 48 hours later.