Corsair Community

not able to connect the fan hub to lightning node pro

campo69

Probably best to contact support if the cable was missing from the start. They may be able to send you one. Alternatively, you can make one yourself (just make sure to have the pinouts correct or you may do damage), using some parts from your local Jaycar/'you're local electronics shop'

Probably best to contact support if the cable was missing from the start. They may be able to send you one. Alternatively, you can make one yourself (just make sure to have the pinouts correct or you may do damage), using some parts from your local Jaycar/'you're local electronics shop'

apparently its not included in the pack, alot of people ran into the same problem.

Who is telling you "it's not included in the pack"? The LL120 triple pack and LL140 dual pack should both have: Lighting Node Pro, RGB Lighting Hub, short USB mini cable to connect LNP to board, SATA power connector, and a short 3 wire cable with a flat head on each end to connect the LNP to the RGB Hub.

Who is telling you "it's not included in the pack"? The LL120 triple pack and LL140 dual pack should both have: Lighting Node Pro, RGB Lighting Hub, short USB mini cable to connect LNP to board, SATA power connector, and a short 3 wire cable with a flat head on each end to connect the LNP to the RGB Hub.

the people that had the same issue, but it doesnt really matter.

where do i get that cable?

to clarify; the cable that connects the fan hub to the jcorsair was the only thing i got

Edited by campo69

the people that had the same issue, but it doesnt really matter.

where do i get that cable?

It matters since you can't run the thing without it. Most people who pop up and say this stuff bought a bunch of singles that don't come with hardware, then find themselves trapped. If you bought a legitimate dual 140 or triple 120 pack, send it back to the retailer for a replacement. As far as I know, Corsair does not sell this as a standalone item. It might be in the RGB Lighting Hub pack, but it sounds like you are missing more than that. Your best bet is to contact Corsair directly through the ticket support system and see if they can help. However, that may only be of aid if you bought the kit from a vendor vs third party sellers.

Completely agree with c-attack here.

There are 2 of these cables in the RGB Lighting Node Pro pack, 2 in the Commander Pro pack and 1 in the LL and ML fan multipacks (not HD or SP packs).

If you just get the Hub from corsair.com (out of stock, by the way), that does not come with the cable!!

You can make one (see my sig) or purchase one from a 3rd party ... but you shouldn't have to do that. It should be in your fan multi-packs.

It matters since you can't run the thing without it. Most people who pop up and say this stuff bought a bunch of singles that don't come with hardware, then find themselves trapped. If you bought a legitimate dual 140 or triple 120 pack, send it back to the retailer for a replacement. As far as I know, Corsair does not sell this as a standalone item. It might be in the RGB Lighting Hub pack, but it sounds like you are missing more than that. Your best bet is to contact Corsair directly through the ticket support system and see if they can help. However, that may only be of aid if you bought the kit from a vendor vs third party sellers.

i meant that it doesnt matter who said that its not included. im well aware that i need the cable

Yeah, it should absolutely be included in the multipack. It's a 3-pin end with 2 wires (not 3 wires). It's the same cable that connects the hub to JCORSAIR.

Or are you missing the USB cable??

this is the cable that came with the LL140 Dual Package : https://i.imgur.com/553j6gh.jpg

and this is the one i need : http://andreatheone.altervista.org/cable.jpg

the standalone node pro comes with two of these i think

Oh, wow. It looks like someone put the wrong cable in that there box. What you got is a RGB Strip extension cable.

And yes, the Lighting Node Pro pack with strips does come with two of them (and four extensions).

Like I said - you can make on (see my signature - I list all of the part numbers) or they are available from a third party on eBay. Or you can return the fans and get a new pack. But you really shouldn't have to pay for them - I think that's my and c-attack's point here. Unfortunately, AFAIK, you just can't get these cables from Corsair.

Oh, wow. It looks like someone put the wrong cable in that there box. What you got is a RGB Strip extension cable.

And yes, the Lighting Node Pro pack with strips does come with two of them (and four extensions).

Like I said - you can make on (see my signature - I list all of the part numbers) or they are available from a third party on eBay. Or you can return the fans and get a new pack. But you really shouldn't have to pay for them - I think that's my and c-attack's point here. Unfortunately, AFAIK, you just can't get these cables from Corsair.

i already installed them and got my cable management done aswell so i would buy it from ebay if you could provide me with a link for the correct cable, please

not really a biggie that they put hte wrong cable in, things like that can happen. would be the first time i had a "problem" with a corsair product

Edited by campo69