Corsair Community

Hardware lightning of Vengeance RGB PRO

Darklordoo7

I have rgb fans and RAM. When i lock my pc the fans uses hardware lightning and not my normal profile, is it possible to have hardware lightning on the ram sticks too? The ram sticks stays at the same effects regardless if pc is locked or not.

And is it possible to somehow sync hardware lightning?

So .. to configure the hardware lighting for the RAM, you need to go to "Settings" and uncheck "Enable Full Software Control". This will show the hardware profile. Set it as you want, then go back and check "Enable Full Software Control" (if you so desire).
  • Like 1

So .. to configure the hardware lighting for the RAM, you need to go to "Settings" and uncheck "Enable Full Software Control". This will show the hardware profile. Set it as you want, then go back and check "Enable Full Software Control" (if you so desire).

Just what i was looking for, thanks! So that's how it works, i thought it worked similar with or without software control.

Another thing is it somehow possible to sync hardware lightning? Like you can "normal lightning"?

Another thing i noticed. When i'm locking my pc only 2 of 4 ram sticks does light. I have 2 vengeance rgb pro in slot 2 and 4 and 2 light enhancement sticks in slot 1 and 3. Now when i lock my computer only the ram i slot 2 and 4 is lighting, if i unlock my pc again all sticks works as intended. Help?

You can't sync hardware lighting like you can with the software lighting.

When you lock, it should go into whatever you set in Hardware mode ... so it's quite odd that it'd be different.

I see i said the wrong thing, when i lock only stick 1 and 3 does light which is the light enhacement kit, ram sticks does not light. I could temporary fix this until next boot my going into iCue and turning off and on software control, then all sticks light until my next boot where only 2 sticks light

It's apparently not completly synchronized either, if i leave it for some time my sequential effect on ram sticks is just a mess

Added picture. First picture is when my pc is locked only 2 sticks lighting, second picture is pc unlocked and everything is working as intended

20200314_104752.thumb.jpg.d731d460ec6d56b8684f883841301f09.jpg

20200314_104744.thumb.jpg.7e2352d7ca7973e65c12862ff3bf346b.jpg

Edited by Darklordoo7

You don't have any other RGB control software like Mystic Light installed do you? I also run 2 x Vengeance RGB Pro with the Light Enhancement kit, and mine would do that when MSI Mystic Light took control of the RAM, as Mystic Light doesn't support the Light Enhancement Kit, only the actual RAM itself.

If you disable software control, then set a lighting effect, it should hold even across a reboot or shutdown, for all 4 sticks.

If you need Mystic Light installed, you can try disabling the SDK in iCUE settings. I don't use Mystic Light, just used it to turn off the 4 LEDs above my RAM modules (stupid) and the LEDs on my motherboard (since they looked like crap), then uninstalled it. When I did have it installed, I would keep the Mystic Light service stopped and set to Manual Start in Services.msc. If I needed to run Mystic Light, I would first close iCUE, then manually start the service, open Mystic Light and do what I needed to do, then close Mystic Light, stop the service, and re-open iCUE. If reset the BIOS or anything like that, though, the motherboard RGB will be reset typically, which means you'll have to reinstall Mystic Light to configure it again. I've had to do this a few times.

Edited by c00lkatz

I have Mystic light which i use for my graphic card and motherboard. Did some research and yeah, it's mystic light fault. It's taking control over my ram when i lock my pc, i had ram lighting turned off in mystic light. It dosen't seem to be any option for mystic light to not control the ram either...

As you said "If you disable software control, then set a lighting effect, it should hold even across a reboot or shutdown, for all 4 sticks." Yes but the problem is that i want different effects from when pc is locked and not. I have an effect when full software control is turned on and off.

Edited by Darklordoo7

I have Mystic light which i use for my graphic card and motherboard. Did some research and yeah, it's mystic light fault. It's taking control over my ram when i lock my pc, i had ram lighting turned off in mystic light. It dosen't seem to be any option for mystic light to not control the ram either...

As you said "If you disable software control, then set a lighting effect, it should hold even across a reboot or shutdown, for all 4 sticks." Yes but the problem is that i want different effects from when pc is locked and not. I have an effect when full software control is turned on and off.

Like I said, try turning off the SDK option under iCUE settings, and see if that works. If not, then you'll need to turn off Mystic Light when using iCUE by closing the ML app and disabling the service. They don't play nice together. After you disable Mystic Light, then change your hardware RAM lighting again, and it should stick.

Like I said, try turning off the SDK option under iCUE settings, and see if that works. If not, then you'll need to turn off Mystic Light when using iCUE by closing the ML app and disabling the service. They don't play nice together. After you disable Mystic Light, then change your hardware RAM lighting again, and it should stick.

Didn't work to turn off SDK. It works if i completly stop ML but i kinda need it to control my graphic card and motherboard, i don't want rainbows...

I'm gonna have to leave it like this then, to sad you can't turn of ML controls RAM