Corsair Community

M65 Mouse not updating the default colours

McTaff

I have two (yes, two) M65s on my desk. I need them to be different colours.

One is a Pro, the other is an Elite.

When I upload a new colour scheme, it refuses to actually work until iCUE is loaded and running. Previously I managed to get a Glaive to have a default profile stored on the mouse.

I found three other threads that had the same problem over the years (none have a workable fix) on these forums:

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=959278&p=959278

https://forum.corsair.com/Forums/showthread.php?p=873241

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=149816&t=149816

I've tried updating the firmware on both. Tried clearing the mouse saved settings. Tried updating iCUE (over many months)

Both of them do the same thing:

State: PC Off. = mouse no lights

State: PC On, iCUE not loaded = mouse has some default color I don't want (one has a colour cycle, the other is a constant green from a previous setting I want to override)

State: PC On, iCUE loaded = mouse has my preferrred colour settings

State: PC Sleep = unwanted default colours.

Given they are two slightly different products disaplying the same thing, then I'm reasonably sure it's the M65 line of firmware - particularly seeing as the Glaive I purchased and also changed using one of these PC's works fine.

Please help.

• 3 weeks later...

Also now see that the K95 keyboard does the same thing since I changed the colors - it just so happened the default color had updated some time ago at my command (when I did a firmware update?) but now I can't do it anymore.

From what I gather now, it was something we USED to be able to do, but now can't. Why not?

Why is such a simple thing so damned hard?

For most current and recent products, the “save to device” feature is transferred to the multiple Hardware Profiles for each device (M65 Elite HW1, etc). Set the HW profile lighting as you prefer. Then use the onboard profiles menu to save it to the device. Assuming the K95 is a K95 Platinum and not the 18 G-Key “K95”, it will work the same way with up to 3 HW profiles for 3 save slots. HW profiles are only active when iCUE is not running, like boot up, shutdown, or manual exit.

For most current and recent products, the “save to device” feature is transferred to the multiple Hardware Profiles for each device (M65 Elite HW1, etc). Set the HW profile lighting as you prefer. Then use the onboard profiles menu to save it to the device. Assuming the K95 is a K95 Platinum and not the 18 G-Key “K95”, it will work the same way with up to 3 HW profiles for 3 save slots. HW profiles are only active when iCUE is not running, like boot up, shutdown, or manual exit.

Thank you for your reply.

Okay, so I see now the three "save" buttons that are present next to the keyboard when the profiles are opened (My K95 has the 18 G keys). That takes care of the keyboard, I hope.

However, I don't see the mouse having anything of the sort ?

(Import/Export deals with files, and obviously copying the profile and creating a folder does nothing remotely like what I need)

That's OK. Sometimes it doesn't load on the first install or people delete it not understanding what it does.

Go to your main profiles list and click the + to create a new profile. It will appear down at the bottom of the list with a generic name "Profile 15", etc.

Look to the center of the window, just under the picture. Above the three empty fields will be a circle selector for "Software Profile" and "Hardware Profile". Change it to hardware profile.

The icon representing it will now change. Click on the M65 and set the colors up the way you want. The HW profile will guide you and prevent you from selecting colors, actions, etc. that cannot be saved to the device. This was one of the purposes in creating the hardware profile mechanic. You can also rename the HW profile to something more appropriate (M65 HW1 or whatever). Finally use the onboard profiles tab on the left to save it to the mouse. It will have one profile save slot.