Corsair Community

CMT32GX4M2C3200C16 Unstable at 3200mhz

dfwood

Hi All,

I've recently purchased a DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 32GB memory kit - CMT32GX4M2C3200C16 and paired it with a Ryzen 1800x on an Asus ROG STRIX X370-F GAMING motherboard.

Unfortunately I can't get the kit to run stably at it's listed speed of 3200mhz even when setting all the timings manually, 3133mhz is fine though.

Would people say, running at 3133mhz is pretty good considering the kit is not on the motherboards memory QVL, is dual rank and running with a first gen Ryzen?

Thanks in advance!

Following on from yesterdays post, I had a couple of game crashes so I ran Prime95 and fairly quickly that came back with a couple of random number errors.

So I dropped the memory speed down to 3000mhz and re-ran Prime95 and well over an hour later Prime95 is still going with no errors.

Whats peoples thought out there? Have I just reached the limit of my silicon and it looks like 3000mhz is my sweet spot??

It is possible you are and the end of your rope. Intel Z170 and AMD X370 both had trouble with 3000+. For a while there, there was no guarantee on more than 2666 for 1700/1800x. I assumed things had matured, but there may be physical limits with the MB or CPU. You can keep fiddling with SA/IO voltage or even get into hand setting secondary and tertiary values, but unless you are eager that is a big time commitment for a very small return. I like to tinker, but memory training is just exhausting.

One thing I have found on recent corsair ram is that raising the tRC up a little bit seems to help with stability on ryzen. bumping it up to 54 or 56 seems to get rid of blue screens. I haven't personally dealt with too many people with Dominator kits, but on the lpx kits its had an almost 100% success rate in getting the kits stable on 3200.

Yeah, I did try that, but didn't seem to make any difference.

I was wondering whether or not I needed to adjust some of the other motherboard related settings, e.g. Geardown Mode, BankGroupSwap, etc. and see if these make any difference?

Also what would people consider safe voltage limits on memory?