View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 08:26 PM
//TODO add user title
Darth Affe's PC Specs

POST ID # = 878114
Darth Affe Reputation: 15
Woah! Keyboard-Ambilight

Hey Guys,

lately I implemented an Ambilight-Layer for Artemis.
Since all the capture-logic and stuff could easily transfered, I decided to create a small standalone application providing only this ambilight-feature as a CUE.NET-example.

It's nothing too fancy in terms of UI or error-handling but I thought if someone is interested in stuff like this it might be worth posting it here.
The capture is done by reading the front-buffer of the graphic card, so it works for everything on your primary-screen (windowed-games, movies, idling on the desktop, etc.) not bypassing the front-buffer (a lot of games do this in fullscreen mode).

A note about CPU-usage: 1920x1080 @ 20FPS update rate uses 1-2% on my system (i7 2600K) with default settings. But if you're using higher resolutions or to high settings you might completely eat your CPU. If you run into performance-issues try reducing the capture-rate (down to 10 looks quite good, 5 is bearable), increasing downsampling (4K resolution should use 8 or more) or reducing the mirrored amount.

Usage: After unpacking the zip just start the exe (.NET 4.0 or newer has to be installed) and you'll have a new system-tray-icon. Clicking this icon will open a simple configuration-window (settings are automatically stored).

EDIT: Updated to V1.0.1
- Fixed calculation-error in Mirror-Mode
- Added Min-Lightness-Setting

EDIT: Updated to V1.0.1.1
- Added Gamma-Setting to allow stronger colors without preventing full black keys

EDIT: Updated to V1.0.1.2
- Updated CUE.NET to support the K95 Platinum lightbar

EDIT: Updated to V1.0.1.3
- Fixed an issue with DPI-scaled systems

Download: http://cue.wyrez.org/KeyboardAmbilight.zip (or the attachment of this post)
Source: https://github.com/DarthAffe/CUE.NET...Ambilight_full

Demo-Video (using aggressive settings with high update-rates and no smoothing):
Attached Files
File Type: zip KeyboardAmbilight.zip (680.8 KB, 278 views)

Last edited by Darth Affe; 04-08-2017 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Version update