Corsair Community

Black Screening / Video Card output switching off from iCUE

WhiskeyOmega

where can i find a ICUE Log? is this saved on my computer if i have deinstall ICUE allready?

Start->type event->event viewer->windows log(click on arrow)->application and find in the list.

This is my error log:

Faulting application name: iCUE.exe, version: 3.4.95.0, time stamp: 0x5b1959be

Faulting module name: libGLESv2.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a5da43b

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000da111

Faulting process id: 0x24fc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d40e1eceebfaaf

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\iCUE.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\libGLESv2.dll

Report Id: 5c5b15e1-c154-4f12-a11b-6f188a4dbc05

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Start->type event->event viewer->windows log(click on arrow)->application and find in the list.

This is my error log:

Faulting application name: iCUE.exe, version: 3.4.95.0, time stamp: 0x5b1959be

Faulting module name: libGLESv2.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a5da43b

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000da111

Faulting process id: 0x24fc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d40e1eceebfaaf

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\iCUE.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\libGLESv2.dll

Report Id: 5c5b15e1-c154-4f12-a11b-6f188a4dbc05

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I dont even get that. I had to send my all the windows logs which just showed the nvidia driver crashing over and over. Came downstairs this morning to at least find the fans on the 1080ti going at full pelt again so no chance of overheating on this install of iCUE

where can i find a ICUE Log? is this saved on my computer if i have deinstall ICUE allready?

Are you also using an ASUS motherboard by any chance?

Post from Reddit from the same topic for reference. (

) Edited by Inheritance

I can confirm the black screen issue (TDR) has been happening to me as well since I had installed Corsair iCue (full specs in profile):

Asus Sabertooth x79

Intel i7 4930k

Windows 10 pro 64 bit

I can say however that the crashes are really random, some days without any crash, and some days - a few.

Any fix for this?

I can confirm the black screen issue (TDR) has been happening to me as well since I had installed Corsair iCue (full specs in profile):

Asus Sabertooth x79

Intel i7 4930k

Windows 10 pro 64 bit

I can say however that the crashes are really random, some days without any crash, and some days - a few.

Any fix for this?

Not yet . Been told they are looking into it. Its the same for all X79 owners. More so on the 4930k

I have an ASUS B350-F-Gaming motherboard and a Ryzen 5 1600x. I think the issue is with the communication between then MOBO and the software. I have some friends with Gigabyte mobo's and they are not experiencing the same thing.

Not yet . Been told they are looking into it. Its the same for all X79 owners. More so on the 4930k

I see,

Does an uninstall of Corsair iCue and installation of Corsair Utility Engine instead solve the problem for you?

I just did it, so far so good...

It has nothing to do with the CPU itself. It's clearly related with ASUS motherboard.

People using Intel and Ryzen on ASUS motherboard are reporting this issue.

I have an ASUS B350-F-Gaming motherboard and a Ryzen 5 1600x. I think the issue is with the communication between then MOBO and the software. I have some friends with Gigabyte mobo's and they are not experiencing the same thing.

And you are or are not experiencing the issue as well?

Question: Are your chipset drivers updated?

It has nothing to do with the CPU itself. It's clearly related with ASUS motherboard.

People using Intel and Ryzen on ASUS motherboard are reporting this issue.

Some people with Asus boards are reporting this. And it does seem to be at least predominately x79 - which is also likely predominately 4930K. I'd guess it's more related to the chipset than the CPU.

For the record ... I also have an Asus board. No issue. LOTS of people have Asus motherboards - they are likely the best selling motherboard out there and if it was across their entire line, this forum would be in complete melt down mode.

Corsair is aware of this issue now and I know that they are investigating it. I don't know if they've managed to reproduce the issue or not. They do need to do that first before they can fix the issue.

Some people with Asus boards are reporting this. And it does seem to be at least predominately x79 - which is also likely predominately 4930K. I'd guess it's more related to the chipset than the CPU.

For the record ... I also have an Asus board. No issue. LOTS of people have Asus motherboards - they are likely the best selling motherboard out there and if it was across their entire line, this forum would be in complete melt down mode.

Corsair is aware of this issue now and I know that they are investigating it. I don't know if they've managed to reproduce the issue or not. They do need to do that first before they can fix the issue.

I understand.

I can provide corsair with crash dumps and everything else needed.

If needed, contact me via a personal message.

This is strange; I'm running an Asus x79 Sabretooth board with a 3930K with a 1080Ti and I'm not seeing black screen issues.

The issue I have is when I disconnect a USB device attached to certain controllers on the board. This causes a complete rescan of all hardware devices on the system.

For example; I have a Logitech G900 mouse that I sometimes need to plug in directly for charging purposes. When I do this, there is a sequence of USB disconnect noises followed by a sequence of connect noises. During this process my screens go blank/freeze. If I don't have iCUE installed, this does not occur.

My strong suspicion is that the black screens being reported are due to a device living on the USB bus is disconnecting/reconnecting and causing the black screens rather than it being 'random'. Furthermore, I believe it will be down to specific USB chipsets or connection scenarios (e.g. a different USB chipset is servicing the ports that trigger the above than the onboard header that the LNP is connected to). It might be worth people with this issue to try disconnecting as many USB devices as they can to prove/disprove this theory.

Frankly, I'm building a new machine when Threadripper 2 is released and I'm currently of the opinion that my Corsair investment will not be making the cut over.

Regarding CPUID SDK usage... I can have CPUID running (with iCUE uninstalled) and disconnect USB devices without issue. I would suggest that the cause of the issue is elsewhere.

Full specs:

Asus Sabretooth x79

3930K overclocked to 4.4GHz

16 GB RAM

Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti - standard clocks

Windows 10 latest build & patches

Corsair stuff:

H100i v2

K70 RGB Rapidfire

Lighting node pro

- 3 x 120LL RGB fans

- 1 x 140LL RGB fan

- 4 x RGB strips

EDIT: Attached monitors:

1x 4K (Display Port)

1x 3440x1440 Ultrawide (Display Port)

1x 1080p in portrait (HDMI)

1x 1280x800 USB (DisplayLink)

Let me know if there is any further information you would like.

I'm also more than happy to install and run a debug build with whatever logging you've got going on to assist with pin-pointing the cause.

Darren

Edited by DCBeast

This is strange; I'm running an Asus x79 Sabretooth board with a 3930K with a 1080Ti and I'm not seeing black screen issues.

The issue I have is when I disconnect a USB device attached to certain controllers on the board. This causes a complete rescan of all hardware devices on the system.

For example; I have a Logitech G900 mouse that I sometimes need to plug in directly for charging purposes. When I do this, there is a sequence of USB disconnect noises followed by a sequence of connect noises. During this process my screens go blank/freeze. If I don't have iCUE installed, this does not occur.

My strong suspicion is that the black screens being reported are due to a device living on the USB bus is disconnecting/reconnecting and causing the black screens rather than it being 'random'. Furthermore, I believe it will be down to specific USB chipsets or connection scenarios (e.g. a different USB chipset is servicing the ports that trigger the above than the onboard header that the LNP is connected to). It might be worth people with this issue to try disconnecting as many USB devices as they can to prove/disprove this theory.

Frankly, I'm building a new machine when Threadripper 2 is released and I'm currently of the opinion that my Corsair investment will not be making the cut over.

Regarding CPUID SDK usage... I can have CPUID running (with iCUE uninstalled) and disconnect USB devices without issue. I would suggest that the cause of the issue is elsewhere.

Full specs:

Asus Sabretooth x79

3930K overclocked to 4.4GHz

16 GB RAM

Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti - standard clocks

Windows 10 latest build & patches

Corsair stuff:

H100i v2

K70 RGB Rapidfire

Lighting node pro

- 3 x 120LL RGB fans

- 1 x 140LL RGB fan

- 4 x RGB strips

EDIT: Attached monitors:

1x 4K (Display Port)

1x 3440x1440 Ultrawide (Display Port)

1x 1080p in portrait (HDMI)

1x 1280x800 USB (DisplayLink)

Let me know if there is any further information you would like.

I'm also more than happy to install and run a debug build with whatever logging you've got going on to assist with pin-pointing the cause.

Darren

That is interesting indeed, I have a few questions if you don't mind:

1. What is your motherboard bios version?

2. What is the model of your ram DIMMs?

3. Do you have VT-d enabled in your bios? what about VT-x?

4. Geforce driver version? Do you use Geforce experience or you update your GPU driver manually?

5. Do you receive sound from DisplayPort? or you receive sound via a sound card or from the motherboard directly?

6. What is your winver? just to make sure we use the exact same version (run start and type winver), mine is: 1803 - 17134.137.

Thanks!

Edited by Nimce
Adding thanks

That is interesting indeed, I have a few questions if you don't mind:

1. What is your motherboard bios version?

2. What is the model of your ram DIMMs?

3. Do you have VT-d enabled in your bios? what about VT-x?

4. Geforce driver version? Do you use Geforce experience or you update your GPU driver manually?

5. Do you receive sound from DisplayPort? or you receive sound via a sound card or from the motherboard directly?

6. What is your winver? just to make sure we use the exact same version (run start and type winver), mine is: 1803 - 17134.137.

Thanks!

Answers:

1] 4701 [05/06/2014]

2] Corsair(!) Vengeance: CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 (4x4GB SIMMS)

3] VT-d is on. VT-x is not

4] 397.31 - Manual driver update - GeForce Experience is not installed

5] I'm using the motherboard soundcard - I actually disable the monitor audio devices because Windows likes to swap the default one from time to time.

6] 1083 - 17134.112 (Enterprise edition of Win 10)

Also - your specs say you're daisy-chaining your monitors. It might be worth disconnecting one and seeing if that helps

Edited by DCBeast
Additional comment

Answers:

1] 4701 [05/06/2014]

2] Corsair(!) Vengeance: CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 (4x4GB SIMMS)

3] VT-d is on. VT-x is not

4] 397.31 - Manual driver update - GeForce Experience is not installed

5] I'm using the motherboard soundcard - I actually disable the monitor audio devices because Windows likes to swap the default one from time to time.

6] 1083 - 17134.112 (Enterprise edition of Win 10)

Also - your specs say you're daisy-chaining your monitors. It might be worth disconnecting one and seeing if that helps

Thanks, that's interesting.

I used to have a lot of video card output switching off a year ago, and disabling VT-d in the bios fixed the problem (until iCUE caused it again), VT-x is enabled.

Would you mind disabling VT-d and enabling VT-x to see if crashes occur?

Also the fact that you're using the motherboard sound card is interesting, I used to have much less crashes during the time when I didn't use the DP sound, and used the motherboard sound card instead.

I also tried disabling daisy-chaining and using only one monitor, didn't help for the crashes back then (HDMI and DP).

Also, the answers to my own questions:

1. I tried 4701, crashes happened with it as well, so I updated to 4801 (BETA bios), didn't change until I disabled VT-d.

2. 4 x KHX1866C10D3/8G = 32GB

3. VT-d is OFF, VT-x is ON.

4. 398.36 - Geforce Experience is installed.

5. Using sound from DP.

Edited by Nimce
Adding details

I'll do some testing tomorrow with the VTd/x settings to see if I get any issues.

Also, I wonder if there is something in the power state management and/or CPU settings. I have one of the power states disabled in BIOS because it causes my PSU to whine. Can't remember which setting that was so I'll go through and check in the morning when I'm back at my desk.

• Corsair Employee

Hi all,

Our devs are working on analyzing the issue but would like everyone affected to do some in-depth testing. If possible, please try all of the tests below and report back to me:

Test #1 (to check if problem is caused exactly by iCUE components)

1. Uninstall all monitoring programs like AIDA, CPU-Z, etc.

2. Uninstall all soft for lighting like AURA, MysticLight, EVGA XOC etc.

3. Uninstall CLink.

4. Install the last version of iCUE

Question: Will black screen appear after some time?

Test #2 (to check if problem is caused by iCUE UI window)

1. Install the last version of iCUE

2. Open Windows Services

3. Find "Corsair Service" and open its Properties (Double click on the service)

4. Switch Startup type of the service to "Disabled" and apply settings

5. Restart the PC

6. Open Task Manager -> Processes tab and check that iCUE.exe is working, Corsair.Service.exe and Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter.exe are not working

Question: Will black screen appear in this mode?

Test #3 (to check if problem is caused by service part of iCUE)

2. Make sure "Corsair Service" is enabled in Windows Services

3. Open iCUE -> Settings -> Disable parameter "Start on system startup"

4. Restart the PC

5. Open Task Manager -> Processes tab and check that iCUE.exe is not working, Corsair.Service.exe and Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter.exe are working

Test #4 (to check if problem is caused by CPUID)

2. Open iCUE -> Settings -> Disable parameter "Start on system startup"

3. Open Windows Services

4. Find "Corsair Service" and Stop it (do not disable it!)

5. Open folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software"

6. Rename or delete cpuidsdk.dll in the folder

7. Restart the PC

8. Open Task Manager -> Processes tab and check that iCUE.exe is not working, Corsair.Service.exe and Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter.exe are working

Test #5 (to check if problem is caused by Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter.exe)

2. Open iCUE -> Settings -> Disable parameter "Start on system startup"

3. Open Windows Services

4. Find "Corsair Service" and Stop it (do not disable it!)

5. Open Task Manager -> Processes and kill Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter.exe

6. Open "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software" folder

7. Rename or delete Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter.exe in the folder

8. Reboot the PC

9. Open Task Manager -> Processes tab and check that iCUE.exe and Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter.exe are not working, Corsair.Service.exe is working

Thanks for helping us assist this issue.

Ok ill try these test but funny thing is i havent had a black screen in 2 odd days! i dare open icue incase they come back but its been heaven. I almost think there's some remote thing going on from icue which is stopping the black screens.

Have you been running iCue but just not have the window open? Or not running iCue at all? Is the service running?

Corsair service and display adapter and icue are all running. PC is now into day 4 of no blackscreens

So ... it's running but the window isn't being displayed? If you display the window, do the blackscreens return?

And did anything change? Driver updates? Windows update?