View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 06:22 AM

POST ID # = 915076
Krzych Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
4.5 and 4.5 is pretty a hefty overclock and I am just fine with 1.95 input voltage for that. I did not expect you have the cache up that high. I do think the cache frequency may have some effect on your attempts to get the memory going. I also have passed near that range, but it became so tedious with nothing more than a bolstered write speed to show for it. I dialed my cache back down to 4.0 and stopped going for more long ago. I've had my dance with non-standard memory frequencies. These days I either run low (2666) or 3200, depending on how hard I want to press the CPU frequencies. I am probably just worn out after a few years of it, but keep at it if you have the energy.
I have tried even without CPU overclock and memory is till throwing errors at 3000, unless all voltages are fixed through Fully Manual Mode in BIOS.

I have tried different BIOS versions yesterday and it doesn't help. This memory is just bad.

I have tried 2750MHz yesterday and it works without all of this fixing. So getting 2750 MHz with as low timings as possible vs 3000 MHz is some alternative, 2750 13-15-15 should perform very similarly to 3000 14-16-16

Looks like this memory is not really working on advertised speeds unless it is strictly tweaked on each mobo exclusively. It was the cheapest from the stack so I cannot really complain, but generally quality is very questionable.