Corsair Community

SP120 RGB Questions

Mellemannen

Hello!

I am thinking of buying a 3 pack of the SP120 RGB fans, link: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Fans/sp-series-rgb-led-config/p/CO-9050061-WW

I wonder how the wiring is supposed to go, in one video I saw it was possible to wire it to a J-Corsair connector on the mobo. That would make it possible to control the rgb with the MSI Mystic Light software. Is this possible? The mobo in question is the MSI B450 Carbon AC.

Kind Regards!

You can control these with Mystic Light using the JCORSAIR header on the motherboard. Just configure Mystic Light with the correct fan type and you're good to go. The fans will be connected to the fan hub and the hub connected to the JCORSAIR header.

Thanks! Is the cable that should be used between the hub and the board included in the package or is it maybe with the board? The cable should be plugged in to the hub where the controller thingy also is supposed to go right?

I have the MSI B450 Carbon AC and I don't recall seeing the cable with the box but it might be. It'd be a 3-pin connector that looks like the old CD-ROM Audio cables.

And, to be honest, I'm not sure if that cable is in the 3-pack of SP-RGB fans either since they come with a controller. It doesn't look like it based on the product page.

And yes, it's plugged into the hub where "the controller thingy" goes.