Corsair Community

Scimitar problems

Around 4 times a day my Scimitar will glitch out and go from a smooth cursor movement to very laggy and choppy movement. When this happens all the buttons on the mouse stop working even though I can still move the cursor. I can still mouseover and it will highlight a link I just can't do anything with it. When this happens all the lights on the mouse stop changing color they just freeze basically. The only fix I have found is to unplug and replug the mouse in.

I have the latest CUE installed v1.10.67. And I am using USB2 and USB3 ports. I have tried every USB port on my case so far and they all eventually do the same thing. I have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled multiple times but no luck.

Also when using the chrome extensions hoverzoom or hover free they do not work with the Scimitar. When you mouse over a picture the only way it will popup is if you rightclick with the Scimitar. I can plug in an old naga or G600 and they work with no problems.

If anyone knows any fixes please let me know. Thanks.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No solution, but wanted to say I also have the laggy, choppy, buttons not working issue, exactly as you described. Just got the mouse yesterday. Computer was on around 6 hours before it occurred today.

EDIT: I just checked my log file, and the log at the time just spams "[2015-10-11T10:19:57]: Mouse LED colors change failed. request timed out for Scimitar" repeatedly. If this helps anyone! Do you have the same message Ejecht?

Edited by Zirq

As a timeline, the first 3 logfiles were during the issue (starting at the end of the first log file), the 4th is after I restarted (easier than unplugging the mouse at the time).

Adding more detail, when it occurred, when I hovered over anything that's a one click link, it would change the cursor to show that something could be clicked (like the pointy finger), but only for a fraction of a second. No matter what, clicking did nothing.

I was either using Chrome or playing WoW at the time. I don't recall which window I had focused.

I'll try running it without CUE later today (need macros for what I'm doing right now). I also don't know how often this will happen-only had the mouse a day.

Corsair Logs.zip

Same issue just happened again (choppy, laggy mouse). I ran without CUE for quite a few hours yesterday (10-12-15), when I didn't need macros, with no issue. But I have no idea how often this will regularly occur, CUE or not. Running CUE now when it happened (using macros, playing WoW). Unplugged mouse, plugged back in, fixed.

Additional information, maybe relevant? I also have plugged in a K95 RGB (usb 3.0), Belkin (not the fully Razer one-no razer synapse) n52te, and an xbox 360 controller. Obviously not all being actively used at once, but related software is running, and I keep them plugged in.

New log attached.

2015-10-13T06-53-25.txt

This happens to me several times a day on multiple systems. The error message in the logs is always the same.

Mouse LED colors change failed. request timed out for Scimitar

Another note is that if I switch windows while the error is happening, it's as if one of the buttons is held down, repeating 111111111, or 555555555, constantly.

The only way to fix it completely is to restart the computer. Although, exiting and restarting CUE at least gets rid of the stuck-key issue.

Playing without CUE isn't really an option the way all my buttons are mapped out.

I had the rainbow color switching going, but am going to try a solid color for now to see if it helps.

Logs attached.

CUE Logs October 13.zip

Edited by paulwata
Error

Something a little different happened this time. No lag or choppiness, but the macro buttons stopped working, and all lighting on the mouse turned off. Don't know if this is related, or an additional issue, but the log contains the same "Mouse LED colors change failed", along with new stuff, so I'm attaching yet another log in this thread. Unplugging the mouse and plugging back in resolved the lighting, but macro buttons do not work at all anymore, even after restarting CUE.

Edit: Restarting computer regained use of the macros.

2015-10-14T18-32-52.log.txt

Edited by Zirq
Tested restarting computer

I haven't had an issue yet with lag or choppiness since switching to a solid, non changing, color scheme on Oct 14. However I've lost macros again (nothing else happened at the same time, this time). I tried changing the polling rate from 1k to 500, and back, and they did not return. Restarting CUE also did not fix it, and neither did unplugging/replugging in the mouse. I had to restart my computer to regain them again.

All profiles, including default, loses working macros when this happens, to be clear (shouldn't be an incorrectly assigned profile issue).

The log has nothing with Mouse LED colors change failed, this time, so I'm guessing it's an entirely different issue. Should I post any future issues with macros in a different thread?

2015-10-17T19-00-58.log.txt

Exact same thing happens to me. Randomly the mouse will just lag, the colors will freeze on both my K70 RGB and the mouse (CUE Linked with rainbow). It's happened quite a few times since I got the mouse. Probably at least twice a day all in different games (WoW, HotS, random browsing via Chrome).

Uploading all the logs I have. Looks like it's the same thing. Error updating LED.

2015-10-23T00-32-43.txt

2015-10-23T00-32-20.txt

2015-10-22T23-32-48.txt

2015-10-22T22-47-06.txt

2015-10-22T22-36-56.txt

• 2 weeks later...
Same thing happens to me when playing WoW, nothing else thought [mainly FPS so side buttons arent used much], i just changed my profile after reading this and using just solid key colours, will test it out and see if it happens again

Around 4 times a day my Scimitar will glitch out and go from a smooth cursor movement to very laggy and choppy movement. When this happens all the buttons on the mouse stop working even though I can still move the cursor. I can still mouseover and it will highlight a link I just can't do anything with it. When this happens all the lights on the mouse stop changing color they just freeze basically. The only fix I have found is to unplug and replug the mouse in.

I am having the same issues with a new Scimitar (using a new STRAFE RGB keyboard and the newest version of CUE). Has anybody solved this issue yet?

I am having the same issues with a new Scimitar (using a new STRAFE RGB keyboard and the newest version of CUE). Has anybody solved this issue yet?

Not yet, they are still investigating it. Post your logs here, it will help the developers track the issue or at least start from a common pattern/error.

i dont expect stuff like that to happen on a 100€ mouse...-.-, really sucks.

first my corsair rm650 psu literally melts inside, and now this mouse has mousewheel screeching / bugs out after some time and starts to stutter and i cant leftclick anymore, so firmware is bad i guess / and the sensor is a bit weird sometimes.

my corsair link doesnt detect my h100i.

i really lose my faith in corsair currently. i hope this gets fixed soon. i really dont expect stuff like that, at this pricepoint.

Mouse stuttering and not being able to left-click sounds like a hardware issue. I would open a support ticket about it and most likely they'll tell you to RMA it. I doubt any firmware update could fix those issues.

the thing is, it happens after a certain amount of time, i dont know whats causing it, seems firmwarerelated to me. else it would be all the time.

Same issue here, wiped in a raid the other day because it just stopped functioning besides moving the cursor. Absolutely nothing on the mouse worked until I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Also when this happens the mouse is beyond extremely jittery.

Edit: Seems to be a daily occurrence, just happened yet again. Extremely, extremely frustrating. I have 2 other mice that don't do anything close to this gamebreaking. :(

Edit2: This is after the recent software release and firmware update (Dated 11/19)

Edited by GSquared