View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 03:31 PM
Muffin001's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1022574
Muffin001 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Computer Guy View Post
Unless you have come across some specific info about incompatibility of that model and version with your motherboard and CPU I wouldn't be too concerned but that's just my thoughts.

If you encounter issues you can come back here and somebody may have some helpful tips. I have various replies as well in these forums helping others adjust their settings so barring an outright compatibility issue you should be ok. You may reach out to Gigabyte support for questions on your ram compatibility.

I've used 4 different kits now with my x470, none of which were even on the QVL list for my motherboard, and they worked fine (minor timing adjustments with my 4.32 kit). The only major exception has been outright incompatibility with my new kit of ECC but I got a beta bios that fixed the problem. Based on that I suspect the next AGESA update this November is going to once again help improve any ram compatibility issues on Ryzen.
Awesome, i'll be sure to come here to see if i can improve anything about the configuration but i myself think its gonna be fine, i'm just too much paranoid lol.
And i do think its Single Rank, hope that doesn't matter too much because Gigabytes manuals say it supports the Dual Rank kit.