View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 12:47 AM
A Computer Guy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1022514
A Computer Guy Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin001 View Post
Sadly no because I'm importing it so once it comes its gonna be almost impossible to return it. BIOS of the Mobo (Gigabyte Aorus Pro) is on the latest version but after reading online its making me paranoid if its gonna work at all. The mobo manuals say that Dual Rank works and the CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 but not specified which version. Should i be worried about it? The reason is because i've seen people complaining online that 4.32 doesn't work at all or has serious issues with it.

EDIT: And idk if the Mobo has the options to set specific settings for the RAM, the only thing i've seen that was these settings from a youtube video ...image removed from quote...
Unless you have come across some specific info about incompatibility of that model and version with your motherboard and CPU I wouldn't be too concerned but that's just my thoughts.

If you encounter issues you can come back here and somebody may have some helpful tips. I have various replies as well in these forums helping others adjust their settings so barring an outright compatibility issue you should be ok. You may reach out to Gigabyte support for questions on your ram compatibility.

I've used 4 different kits now with my x470, none of which were even on the QVL list for my motherboard, and they worked fine (minor timing adjustments with my 4.32 kit). The only major exception has been outright incompatibility with my new kit of ECC but I got a beta bios that fixed the problem. Based on that I suspect the next AGESA update this November is going to once again help improve any ram compatibility issues on Ryzen.