Corsair Community

LS100 lowers my refresh rate

Dy0

LS100 lowers my refresh rate from 144hz to like 30hz when using "Video Lightning", is there a fix for this?

I'm really disappointed as that "Video Lightning" effect was the main reason I spent 80€ on lightning strips so I hope there's a fix for this :sigh!:

Maybe something like G Sync is trying to sync to the frame rate of the lighting effect which is around 30 fps.

Im AMD, i dont even have gsync, could freesync be the problem?

This has been an ongoing issue, and it seems like the ones with the issue have either g sync or freesync enabled. No, fix as of yet but Corsair is aware of it. I have issues with my LS100 freezing up after my screen turns off but works fine when I restart my computer. I don't know if HDR has something to do with it but at this point from what I read, it seems like an update would fix it but not god knows when that'll be. Also, have an issue with the memory LED freezing. ICUE has a lot of bugs in it. Some people have found workarounds but still, it's an inconvenience.

• 1 month later...

Thats a problem with ambilight in generally. Only phillips hue managed to solve it.

I have the problem with ls100 and with different selfmade generic arduino ambilights.

Its because corsair creates a overlay to read the screen colors like every other ambilight solution. it must be fully recoded to grab the video signal or something like that.