Corsair Community

Introducing the CORSAIR K100 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

• Corsair Employee

Hey everyone!

We’re ecstatic to launch the most ambitious keyboard brought to market yet – the CORSAIR K100 RGB. Equipped with a game-changing loadout, it features cutting-edge performance, style, durability, and customization. Here’s some quick highlights:

• Your choice of key switches: OPX RGB Optical-Mechanical Keyswitches OR CHERRY MX SPEED RGB Silver Keyswitches
  • iCUE control wheel, fully programmable to perform actions in games and applications
  • AXON Hyper-Processing Technology for up to 4x faster throughput with native 4,000Hz hyper-polling and 4,000Hz key scanning

Click here for more information! We’ve put together a quick FAQ below.

Q: What is standard bottom row and why is it important?

A: Standard bottom row refers to the size of the last row’s keycaps and means the command (CTRL, Win, Alt, Menu) keys are all the same size with a certain size space bar. The benefit to consumers is that they can buy virtually any aftermarket keycap kit, attach them to the

keyboard, and have them “just fit.” This is our first keyboard with a standard bottom row.

Q: Why doesn’t CORSAIR K100 RGB have CAPELLIX LED’s?

A: CAPELLIX LED’s are very small and power efficient / bright which makes them great for space constrained applications and wireless products, however they are more expensive. For CORSAIR K100 RGB to ensure the best price-to-performance, we didn’t incorporate CAPELLIX LED’s.

Q: Is the packaging and plastic tray / dust cover recyclable?

A: Yes and both bear corresponding recycle markings.

Q: In what scenario could I save around 200 profiles to the keyboard's onboard storage?

A: If every profile had only a single lighting effect and single macro.

Please feel free to ask more questions! Otherwise, how do you guys feel about the CORSAIR K100 RGB?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Corsair Employee
Will this be available in any of the quieter switch varieties? Just watched Brainbean's video review and it seems quite lout.Thanks for any help!

At the moment, we don't have any plans for a quieter switch variant - but we are always listening to feedback. The current Cherry MX Speed variant is significantly quieter than our OPX switches. Our OPX switches' audio levels are closer to resembling somewhere between Cherry MX Reds and Speeds.

The fact that this keyboard does not have a removable/detachable cable is absurd IMO.

Give it a removable Type C connector on the keyboard and include a Type-C to Type-C and Type-C to dual Type-A in the box to give people choice on how to connect it to their PC.

For $230 it should absolutely have a removable cable.

• Corsair Employee
The fact that this keyboard does not have a removable/detachable cable is absurd IMO.

Give it a removable Type C connector on the keyboard and include a Type-C to Type-C and Type-C to dual Type-A in the box to give people choice on how to connect it to their PC.

For $230 it should absolutely have a removable cable.

Noted. We've definitely acknowledged people requesting detachable cables and USB-C connections for various products. For the K100 RGB, USB-C to USB-C proposed some topology challenges and we wanted to ensure accessibility for our users (not everyone has a free USB-C port).

Hi there Corsair team,

I really like the new options, especially the improved mute and profile keys. While I don’t care for the aesthetics of the rotating knob for navigation, I am intrigued by the functionality it lends.

For me the biggest issue will be switch options. Since a majority of my use will be typing, I tend to gravitate to cherry mx blue or brown switches. I have tried the mx speed silver switches and found that I am too heavy handed to really use them. I hope you will consider offering this unit with more switch options. I’d purchase if I could get it in MX blues.

Be safe!

• Corsair Employee
Damn looks good! But it would be better if it could be wireless too :D

Wireless would be cool!

Hi there Corsair team,

I really like the new options, especially the improved mute and profile keys. While I don’t care for the aesthetics of the rotating knob for navigation, I am intrigued by the functionality it lends.

For me the biggest issue will be switch options. Since a majority of my use will be typing, I tend to gravitate to cherry mx blue or brown switches. I have tried the mx speed silver switches and found that I am too heavy handed to really use them. I hope you will consider offering this unit with more switch options. I’d purchase if I could get it in MX blues.

Be safe!

Coming from Cherry MX Browns as daily drivers, I've been adjusting to the OPX switches and grown to really like them. However, I can definitely understand how they may not be for the heavy handed and can say I'm not opposed to more key switch variety!

Edited by Corsair Albert

Coming from Cherry MX Browns as daily drivers, I've been adjusting to the OPX switches and grown to really like them. However, I can definitely understand how they may not be for the heavy handed and can say I'm not opposed to more key switch variety!

Hi Albert! I love the all the features, the design, the build quality including the PBT caps... This would have been the perfect keyboard for me, I couldn't be more impressed, but after trying it for a day, I just can't live with linear switches of any kind. I hope Corsair releases a version with brown switches and I'll buy it day one. Meanwhile unfortunately I need to return this OPX one.

Hello I'm just wondering about the availability of this keyboard in the UK.

The corsair website doesn't give me an estimated shipping date. Amazon/Scan both say ~30th October. However, I've already seen lots of people with the K100. Are they only coming to the UK on the 30th?

I'm just debating on whether to order it now or not.

• Corsair Employee
Hi Albert! I love the all the features, the design, the build quality including the PBT caps... This would have been the perfect keyboard for me, I couldn't be more impressed, but after trying it for a day, I just can't live with linear switches of any kind. I hope Corsair releases a version with brown switches and I'll buy it day one. Meanwhile unfortunately I need to return this OPX one.

Thanks for chiming in, Thug! I'm still adapting to the OPX switches myself. For anyone who's new to linear switches (let alone, optical-mechanical), I'd recommend giving the switches a few days to try them out - otherwise it's fully understandable that linear switches just aren't for everyone.

Hello I'm just wondering about the availability of this keyboard in the UK.

The corsair website doesn't give me an estimated shipping date. Amazon/Scan both say ~30th October. However, I've already seen lots of people with the K100. Are they only coming to the UK on the 30th?

I'm just debating on whether to order it now or not.

Thanks for your interest Samoboolean! If our website is showing it's available for purchase without any disclaimer of it being available in X days or weeks, then it's most likely already at a distribution center ready to be shipped out upon purchase.

Mine arrived from Best Buy today. This is my first time using linear switches (daily driver used to be Romer G), and it's not as awkward as I expected it to be. These OPX switches are SO smooth.

One question? I was messing with the brightness with the wheel. What's the easiest way to return to default brightness?

Edit: Nevermind. I plugged keyboard into a different machine and noticed brightness in settings defaulting to 100%. So think I'm good now.

Edit2-11/13/20: I ended up returning k100. Keys were too sensitive for my usage and ended up being measurably worse in typing and games. They were also much louder than what I had before too. The wheel was interesting but really didn't serve any purpose for me. Ultimately the pros did not out weigh the cons at such a high price point.

Edited by Grumpkus

Thanks for chiming in, Thug! I'm still adapting to the OPX switches myself. For anyone who's new to linear switches (let alone, optical-mechanical), I'd recommend giving the switches a few days to try them out - otherwise it's fully understandable that linear switches just aren't for everyone.

Thanks for your interest Samoboolean! If our website is showing it's available for purchase without any disclaimer of it being available in X days or weeks, then it's most likely already at a distribution center ready to be shipped out upon purchase.

Great! I have just placed my order and hopefully, I will enjoy the linear switches, I've only had the K70 and K95 with blue switches so I'll be jumping over to the other team, for now, aha ah

This keyboard going to be a hard pass for me. I don't care for the ICUE Wheel or the memory foam palm rest. Who has a need to store 200 profiles or the need for faster input (polling rate) that does nothing for gamers or anyone that types.

The new font on the K100 series keyboards looks smaller than what's currently on K70/K95 Double-shot Key caps we can purchase. I wish corsair would bring back the Gothic Font key caps the first K70 keyboards they made came with. That font you didn't skimp out on words on the key caps. "Home" key was "Home" not "HME" Print Screen was Print Screen not "PSC" etc. The $ on 4 keycap was below the Number.

This keyboard going to be a hard pass for me. I don't care for the ICUE Wheel or the memory foam palm rest. Who has a need to store 200 profiles or the need for faster input (polling rate) that does nothing for gamers or anyone that types.

The new font on the K100 series keyboards looks smaller than what's currently on K70/K95 Double-shot Key caps we can purchase. I wish corsair would bring back the Gothic Font key caps the first K70 keyboards they made came with. That font you didn't skimp out on words on the key caps. "Home" key was "Home" not "HME" Print Screen was Print Screen not "PSC" etc. The $ on 4 keycap was below the Number.

They changed the font due to popular demand to make it more 'gamer' like

The keyboard layout is different now as the bottom row is a standard layout, which means u can now get the nice resin space bars.

Everything they changed has been for the better as far as I can see, even though you might not use the wheel - it's at least there (like Razer's)

I'm not a fan of the price but of course us consumers want lower prices haha

+ this will be the first time im using linear switches (i switched from k95)

Hello

I have just purchased the keyboard and it is brilliant but no matter what I try I cannot create a macro.

Despite watching the video multiple times and trying multiple times I'm obviously doing something wrong.

I'm 77 years old and use my keyboard extensively for recording and playing back business/investment macros.

Please assist me.

Regards

Darryl

Having seen them in person, the keycaps on the K100 look ten times more professional than anything on the K95, K70, etc., and the caps feel amazing (thank you for NOT doing that stupid diamond-plate pattern).

I can understand how detachable cables are great but this keyboard actually seems to require USB 3.0 (iCUE wouldn't recognize it properly on USB 2.0 ports) and the cable is THICC (like, coax cable thick). If it were removable it'd be a thicc-*** boi of a USB-C cable which would be kinda silly. I like the idea but if it's removable the cable would need to be rethought entirely.

The Gothic typeface on the K70 looks like a rejected design from Star Trek or Battlestar--the K100 looks ten, maybe 20x better than even the K95. I don't want a keyboard to look like cheap garbage and even the deck on the K100 is better than what's come before. K100 is a major improvement. We all know that "PSC" means Print Screen, when the key is located where the Print Screen button goes so come on. You can replace the caps in any case--hell, you could get a set of the K95 or K70 caps and put them on the K100 no problem. So that's not something that needs to get fixed on Corsair's end at least in the short term.

Literally the only thing I would change, and which I can't really work around, is the switches. I don't need them to be Cherry browns, but I do need it to be a brown-like, fairly quiet tactile switch because my fingers rest way too heavy on the keyboard for linear switches. I love blues but I can't do blues (or other loud, clicky switches) because I need to use it when I'm on conference calls; clicky keys FEEL great but are annoying as hell on a conference call. If they were silent and clicky, then that might be interesting. Looking forward to seeing what Corsair has in mind for an OPX tactile switch!

• Corsair Employee
Hello

I have just purchased the keyboard and it is brilliant but no matter what I try I cannot create a macro.

Despite watching the video multiple times and trying multiple times I'm obviously doing something wrong.

I'm 77 years old and use my keyboard extensively for recording and playing back business/investment macros.

Please assist me.

Regards

Darryl

Hey Darryl, would you mind elaborating on what the business/investment macros are? Is there a certain step in creating a macro which seems to be troublesome?

Having seen them in person, the keycaps on the K100 look ten times more professional than anything on the K95, K70, etc., and the caps feel amazing (thank you for NOT doing that stupid diamond-plate pattern).

I can understand how detachable cables are great but this keyboard actually seems to require USB 3.0 (iCUE wouldn't recognize it properly on USB 2.0 ports) and the cable is THICC (like, coax cable thick). If it were removable it'd be a thicc-*** boi of a USB-C cable which would be kinda silly. I like the idea but if it's removable the cable would need to be rethought entirely.

The Gothic typeface on the K70 looks like a rejected design from Star Trek or Battlestar--the K100 looks ten, maybe 20x better than even the K95. I don't want a keyboard to look like cheap garbage and even the deck on the K100 is better than what's come before. K100 is a major improvement. We all know that "PSC" means Print Screen, when the key is located where the Print Screen button goes so come on. You can replace the caps in any case--hell, you could get a set of the K95 or K70 caps and put them on the K100 no problem. So that's not something that needs to get fixed on Corsair's end at least in the short term.

Literally the only thing I would change, and which I can't really work around, is the switches. I don't need them to be Cherry browns, but I do need it to be a brown-like, fairly quiet tactile switch because my fingers rest way too heavy on the keyboard for linear switches. I love blues but I can't do blues (or other loud, clicky switches) because I need to use it when I'm on conference calls; clicky keys FEEL great but are annoying as hell on a conference call. If they were silent and clicky, then that might be interesting. Looking forward to seeing what Corsair has in mind for an OPX tactile switch!

Thanks Thug, your continued input is sincerely appreciated. We understand looks are subjective and want to cater to as much enthusiasts as we can, though there's absolutely no way to make everyone happy. If there is going to be another key switch variant of the K100 RGB, we'll definitely have to do some weighing between the options.

Dammit, ok so this keyboard has grown on me. :D:

Very, very tempted to get one. Can anyone tell me how the OPX switches are to type on compared to browns? They aren’t stupidly sensitive are they?

Wulf

As someone who used to main Cherry MX Browns, the OPX switches haven't felt excessively sensitive at all. Don't get me wrong - I've definitely acknowledged the heightened sensitivity considering how much lighter the presses feel, but it hasn't felt absurd. Anyone who hasn't used linear switches may find themselves having to adapt, but it's a rather gratifying experience. Of course, take this all with a pinch of salt as your mileage may vary. I am definitely interested on hearing everyone else's experience switching to linear switches (OPX or Cherry MX Speeds)!

Hello

Thanks for the response,

In all honesty I cannot create any macros even totally simple ones such as typing 1234 or Control P or Control V.

I'm obviously doing something wrong.

I turn the wheel to the left and it lights up Red very briefly and then reverts to Instant Lighting which is what I want and I have setup i.e. plain fixed white light

I hold down the Macro button in the wheel and I get a little M light flashing to the left of the panel where the Corsair logo is situated.

I then press button G1 and type 1234 and press G1 again.

The flashing light vanishes.

I then press G1 hoping it will type 1234 and it does nothing at all.

Possibly Instant Lighting is causing the problem?

If so how do I set up plain white light with no changes at all?

Thanks again.

Regards

Darryl

• Confused 1

• Corsair Employee
Hello

Thanks for the response,

In all honesty I cannot create any macros even totally simple ones such as typing 1234 or Control P or Control V.

I'm obviously doing something wrong.

I turn the wheel to the left and it lights up Red very briefly and then reverts to Instant Lighting which is what I want and I have setup i.e. plain fixed white light

I hold down the Macro button in the wheel and I get a little M light flashing to the left of the panel where the Corsair logo is situated.

I then press button G1 and type 1234 and press G1 again.

The flashing light vanishes.

I then press G1 hoping it will type 1234 and it does nothing at all.

Possibly Instant Lighting is causing the problem?

If so how do I set up plain white light with no changes at all?

Thanks again.

Regards

Darryl

Are you switching your dial's function to macro recording mode before holding down the wheel key? Another way to set macros is in iCUE via the "ACTIONS" tab for your K100 RGB. You can select the key you'd like to modify (ex. G1, G2, etc.) and set the action you have in mind.

Thanks for responding and assisting me.

I really am a “newbie” to this and I apologise for probably driving you nuts.

Please can you advise me how to perform “switching your dial's function to macro recording mode” as well as how to “Another way to set macros is in iCUE via the "ACTIONS" tab for your K100 RGB. You can select the key you'd like to modify (ex. G1, G2, etc.) and set the action you have in mind.”

If I knew how to do either of these it would make my life so much easier as I am having to do everything manually including of course constantly repeating actions.