Corsair Community

Device was there now not 100 RPM

tomcoleman

ok new clean install of windows

loaded latest iCue everything was set and working perfectly.

turned PC on this morning and fans spun to 100% thought thats werid, loaded and opened icue and everything is there but not the fans/performance tab (where i normally choose extreme, quite etc) its gone.

I rebooted serveal times save issue.

Only thing i did differently last night was install HWiNFO and told it to launch at startup so i can monitor my CPU/GPU temps etc.

I'm woundering if this would casuse a conflict.

I exit'd HWiNFO and reloaded icue, same issue.

Didnt have much time to play with the PC this morning as left for work but didnt know if this is something thats common or could be resolved :sigh!:

Yes, HWInfo is the cause.

You can run it together with iCUE with no issues (I do), but you have to use the portable version (i.e. no permanent driver installed) rather than the installed version, and also check the box in the 'Safety' tab of the settings to 'Disable Corsair / Asetek Support'.

Yes, HWInfo is the cause.

You can run it together with iCUE with no issues (I do), but you have to use the portable version (i.e. no permanent driver installed) rather than the installed version, and also check the box in the 'Safety' tab of the settings to 'Disable Corsair / Asetek Support'.

thanks i'll have a check when i get home! :sunglasse

Yes, as above you need to use the “portable” version of HWiNFO without the persistent driver. Then on first launch it will give you a warning about Corsair monitoring. Check the box not to monitor, unless your plan is to use it instead of and not at the same time as iCUE.