Corsair Community

A poll

Waukeen

So for those that have seen me around the last several months are probably familiar with me and the fact that I have had my own issues with Corsair. Those who pay more attention may notice that I have been dropping hints as to what happened more and more the last couple weeks, and have out right called out Corsair and specific people there.

Now my issue with Corsair has been more or less solved (I say more or less because I just know something else will happen at the rate this has been going) BUT here's the situation and why I want to know what you all think I should do, as best I can explain without just saying it anyway.

The short of it is this, me and Corsair reached an agreement about something that I need to point out, I specifically asked if there was to be any paperwork such as an NDA or anything of the like and was told "No". The trouble is I have behaved myself, mostly, and not out right said what happened as they asked me nicely not to. Trouble here is the agreement has not been fully followed through by Corsair despite several attempts to get the last bit of what was agreed to. So as far as I am concerned that "verbal" agreement I made is null and void as they have not honored their end of the terms agreed upon. Also I am quite frankly tired of being lied to by them and while releasing what I have written up about the situation would need some updating as it is an extremely rough draft to keep things in order. I have sent what I am talking about to Corsair because at the time I felt it would have been a good thing for them to show they aren't kidding with the problems caused by ICue. They asked me not to, fair enough since at that time they did seem to be coming clean. Unfortunately that appears to have been a bold faced lie that I fell for.

So I ask you, good reader, should I just say the he** with it and put it out in the open since at this time I am out a warranty on a CPU, motherboard and M.2 drive due to them going radio silent after saying I would get what is needed for the warranties should they need to be utilized, you know like the stuff I bought and no longer have due to this situation?

To Corsair, might want to get the popcorn ready guys because this is gonna be biblical if this goes where I think it will. And if you can't tell, I am not amused.

My vote is... why use iCUE at all? It is only necessary to set up some profiles in the first instance, then you can disable it. The hardware retains the settings over reboots. AFAIK, everything important can be monitored in AIDA64. By important, I'm not including RGB which, IMHO, is just a gimmick.

This may seem a little radical, but if you cannot trust iCUE, then just don't use it. I don't :roll:

My vote is... why use iCUE at all? It is only necessary to set up some profiles in the first instance, then you can disable it. The hardware retains the settings over reboots. AFAIK, everything important can be monitored in AIDA64. By important, I'm not including RGB which, IMHO, is just a gimmick.

This may seem a little radical, but if you cannot trust iCUE, then just don't use it. I don't :roll:

I need to for other reasons that will be outlined when I do.