Scimitar problems

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
Any solution yet for the side key issue under wins 10. Works fine when using wins8.1 with same pc config. Already tried to do the steps described in this thread but will 100% fail if reboot. Thanks in advance

Hey, are we getting an update here or what? Henry, James? I also use W10, I have done everything I read here, but still the side buttons don't work (apart from the 2 random times they did). So many months later and still not having completely fixed these problems is unacceptable.

Anyone else had similar issue with windows 10. I had log a ticket on their support webpage and their reply is

Created By: Arturo TS (4/24/2016 9:37 AM)

We do not have reports of these not functioning on Windows 10, can you try on a separate Windows 10 machine?

Another one with the problem of side keys "randomly" not working. Have tried changing USB port, test it on another PC.

But seems the problem is related with some kind of initialization done during boot up of the PC. Because if I restart the PC, 99% of times the side buttons start to work. But not always.

• Corsair Employee
Another one with the problem of side keys "randomly" not working. Have tried changing USB port, test it on another PC.

But seems the problem is related with some kind of initialization done during boot up of the PC. Because if I restart the PC, 99% of times the side buttons start to work. But not always.

Please update your system specs. If you are able to get the log file when it stops working, that will help with the investigation. We have tried replicating this on our WIN10 machine with no luck. It seems like it is only happening to a handful of users, but we would still like to get to the bottom of this.

Edited by Corsair Henry

I've been using this mouse for about 2 months now and I love it, but I've recently noticed that the feel of the clicking of the side buttons are inconsistent (e.g buttons 1-3 are much "mushier" and softer than 10-12). Not only that, but I've also started to notice the front side buttons creaking as well when I slightly apply more pressure, as though the materials housing the button is making a clicking sound. Is anyone else experiencing this?

• Corsair Employee
I've been using this mouse for about 2 months now and I love it, but I've recently noticed that the feel of the clicking of the side buttons are inconsistent (e.g buttons 1-3 are much "mushier" and softer than 10-12). Not only that, but I've also started to notice the front side buttons creaking as well when I slightly apply more pressure, as though the materials housing the button is making a clicking sound. Is anyone else experiencing this?

The side buttons should not creak. If it does, go ahead and submit a RMA and we will take care of you. Please let me know if you are interested in replacing this unit.

Please update your system specs. If you are able to get the log file when it stops working, that will help with the investigation. We have tried replicating this on our WIN10 machine with no luck. It seems like it is only happening to a handful of users, but we would still like to get to the bottom of this.

I've updated my specs.

Which log file do you mean? The one under C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Corsair\HID\logs?

Thanks.

Edited by jsanjose

• Corsair Employee
Hey, are we getting an update here or what? Henry, James? I also use W10, I have done everything I read here, but still the side buttons don't work (apart from the 2 random times they did). So many months later and still not having completely fixed these problems is unacceptable.

I have no update because we cannot duplicate this and hence, do not know how to resolve something that isn't broken in our end. If you're willing, we can try to setup a teamviewer session with a developer and see if they can determine whats wrong but short of that, I have no idea how else to address this issue.

Yes, provide those logs.

Ok, thanks. Next time side buttons stop working will try to get the log. Sadly is something "random".

Probably, as Corsair Henry said, is something that only occurs to a handful of users and it's difficult to trace. But it's very annoying.

Could be a hardware incompatibility, or perhaps something about habving other USB devices connected at the same time the mouse is connected. Let's see if the engineers could track this issue and solve it.

If not... time to change mouse... :confused:

• 7 months later...

I purchased a Corsair Scimitar mouse too end of last year, 29th December - I am running CUE 2.8.70 and the Scimitar is firmware updated to 2.04 (see screenshot).

log files linked as well.

For some reason or another, the Scimitar turns off completely and I have to unplug it and plug it back in.

screen:

http://users.telenet.be/ziggie/FW-SW-CUE.png

logfiles:

http://users.telenet.be/ziggie/2016-12-25T11-05-08.log

http://users.telenet.be/ziggie/2016-12-29T14-59-43.log

http://users.telenet.be/ziggie/2016-12-29T22-59-56.log

http://users.telenet.be/ziggie/2016-12-30T22-59-07.log

http://users.telenet.be/ziggie/2017-01-02T13-33-39.log

Edited by Ziggie72

Try a different USB port that is controlled by the Intel Chipset.

You may have plugged the mouse in the AsMedia chipset which is known to cause issues similar to what you have described.

You can check which port is controlled by which using your motherboard's user manual.

That would be a thing to try, but unfortunately it isn't the usb port - it's only been connected to the Intel® Z77 chipset as the asmedia usb ports are 3.0 and have 3.0 usb drives attached to it.

As per my motherboard specs :

Intel® Z77 chipset : *4

4 x USB 3.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, blue, 2 at mid-board)

Intel® Z77 chipset :

8 x USB 2.0 port(s) (4 at back panel, black, 4 at mid-board)

ASMedia® USB 3.0 controller : *4

2 x USB 3.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, blue)

Those 4 ports I marked in red text, have the keyboard K95 / the mouse Scimitar and XBox controller attached to it all next to eachother.

For ****s and gigles at some point I even tried to attach the mouse to my front USB ports, see if that made a difference, they are USB 2.0 too, Intel.

Other suggestion(s)? I'll also repeat, just to make sure - I'm not using CUE at the moment, and mouse is not turning off since. That also means I can't use any of the macro's, but that's currently preferable compared to losing the mouse mid-game.