Corsair Community

Commander Pro USB Resetting

ShadyPyro

I only signed up to confirm that it works now with the internal NZXT hub (no reconnects).

Asus Prime X570 Pro

Ryzen 3700X

2x16GB Corsair Vengeance White RGB Pro

Corsair RM750x PSU White

Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Window White

6x LL120 RGB White (1x Corsair RGB fan hub)

1x Commander Pro

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is my first pc build and I encountered this issue every one is having. Same motherboard with 6 Corsair LL120 fans and commander pro. And yes I’m having random usb disconnects as well. I thought I would make this post in hopes that Corsair can fix the issue.

UPDATE: NZXT internal usb hub fixed USB disconnects!

Edited by MLGBronson

Signed up to Confirm random intermitant USB disconnect / reconnnects

Crosshair Hero viii 570x

3900x

6x LL120 Fans

1x Corsair H150i AIO

1x Commander Pro

1 x Node Pro

Commander Pro USB ports cause random disconnects on any device that gets Pluged in to them!

Adding my voice to the chorus. I'm also experiencing random USB disconnects/reconnects of the Commander Pro, which is connected to a USB header on my Asus Prime X570-Pro motherboard. Full PC specs under my username.

I also have 6x LL120 fans and 1x Node Pro connected to the Commander Pro, and 1x Corsair H150i AIO connected to another USB header on the motherboard (and does not experience random USB disconnects/reconnects).

I've unchecked the box allows Windows to put the USB port to sleep (as per an earlier suggestion) and that didn't help.

Edit: I also experienced the issue mentioned by others here that the Corsair H150i AIO would not show up in iCue when connected to the Commander Pro's USB port. I had to connect the AIO directly to the motherboard instead.

Edited by teedeepee
Clarification

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem with my Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master....

Even (Corsair) mouse and keyboard didn’t function wel. I connected them to the 3.0 USB Ports and so far working wel. But my CoPro (on internal 2.0 USB header) is disconnecting/connecting every few minutes and my RGB fans are flickering when this occur :mad:

Has anyone tried to connect the CoPro to a 3.0 USB header and does it solve the problem?

Jack

After 5 months and no fix from Corsair, i bit the bullet and bought the nzxt usb hub. issue went away immediately

Unfortenately no answer to my questions. Purchased a NZXT hub yesterday. Expanded watercooling in order to reach and connect it to the MB usb header...rest of the day and night a leaktest. Everything ok so today testing the hub....... hope it will work for me too......

Edited by Hi2jack

Ok, installed the NZXT-hub..... nothing changed, still the disconnect/connect issues. Tried my mouse and keyboard on a usb 2.0 (worked fine on a usb 3.0 port) and it was crap, bad reaction and weird behavior and hardly to control...

For me no solution.......

At last i installed Windows 10 (there are members with a Gigabyte aorus master with no issues, so for me last option) again and guess what........ ICUE is stable now, connected my mouse and keyboard again to a usb 2.0 port and it is working fine..... :laughing::laughing:my CoPro is still connected To the NZXT-hub...... so i don’t know if the hub in the end worked or the new installation of the OS was the solution......:sigh!:

Jack

• 1 month later...
I have the same issue with an asrock z170m extreme4. The commander pro works well controlling my fans and pump (custom loop). The internal usb headers don't work at all though. Pretty annoying, since I opted for this device especially because of those ports. :[pouts:

I am also having this issue with the USB hub constantly resetting on my Commander Pro on my EVGA Z390 Dark motherboard. It's a shame because I specifically purchased the device to be able to hook my Lighting Node Core and H100i RGB Platinum to the hub due to limited USB headers on the motherboard. I'm glad I found this thread and realized I'm not the only one with the issue. I guess I'll have to buy the NZXT internal USB hub to get everything to work. Hopefully Corsair is able to fix the issue without hardware replacement as it appears that the problem is driver related.

• 4 weeks later...

All of you guys are ****ing life savers. I have been dealing with this **** for three months. Everything would be fine and then all of my USB devices would drop and the system audio would get jacked up before recovering. Sometimes it would take out game audio as well permanently until I restarted the game and in some cases caused games to crash.

Just got an NZXT hub and crammed it into (literally) my system and hooked the CP to it and like black magic no drops now for 2 hours. Normally after a restart its happening constantly.

Corsair needs to fix their ****.

• 2 weeks later...

I was starting to worry that I screwed up my build somehow. Going to pull the trigger on the NZXT hub to see if this solves the issues for me as well, though I suspect it will

ASUS PRIME X570-Pro mobo, 6 Fans (2 of which are an the H100i), 4x16GB 3200 RGB RAM, and 4 RGB strips. Will report back either way. Have the USB connect/disconnect sound disabled for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Registered to comment that I also have this issue. Using an Asus Prime X570 PRO I am experiencing disconnects from my CoPro that is causing USB bus reset issues. Most annoying being the loss of my USB audio that requires that device to be reset.

I stumbled on this thread doing some googlin' and have ordered the NZXT USB hub (actually in stock at amazon as of this post) and another manufacturer as well. I want to use the NZXT one but we'll see which arrives first.

I have confirmed the disconnects a few ways, firstly, the RGB goes out on just one fan (of four) and I can see the CoPro drop from iCUE home panel. I simultaneously ran a usb even logger that also coincides its events w\ the aforementioned symptoms.

Im annoyed that I invested so heavily in this ecosystem and corsair seems to ahve not been able to resolve this in the many months/years this thread and others have been active.

Just to be sure, I made sure my chipset drivers were up to date and even updated to most recent BIOS.

I will reply back with results after my hubs arrive. Good luck everyone.

Hey guys i think why this happening when the pc shuts down it shuts down corsair commander and reset it i think this normal for this device other hand when restart pc it saves but when shut down pc it resets

So when i use nzxt hub and shut down the pc nzxt hub light is still on

So this what i am wondering i f somoene whants to try it out get a sata to molex i think it wil then not shutdown and reset

Hey guys i think why this happening when the pc shuts down it shuts down corsair commander and reset it i think this normal for this device other hand when restart pc it saves but when shut down pc it resets

So when i use nzxt hub and shut down the pc nzxt hub light is still on

So this what i am wondering i f somoene whants to try it out get a sata to molex i think it wil then not shutdown and reset

Interesting but I never shut down my computer and I still have the USB disconnects.

The NZXT hub has not arrived but its equivalent did:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QHQF92K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Preliminary results:

No disconnects yet; see iCue log excerpt:

2020-04-27T16:15:11 I cue.devices: Device insertion processing complete for Commander Pro (vid=1b1c, pid=c10)

The above is the initialization completing. Prior to using the hub, you could search the log file for device insertion and see it re-initializing repeatedly. So far so good as this event has not re-occurred in the 30 mins I've been gaming. Albeit, more testing is required, but prior disconnects were pretty frequent.

Notes:

This hub uses SATA power while NZXT apparently uses molex\4-pin. which is nice. Also, power is not really required if just running CoPro off it, it will draw sufficient power from MB USB head. I will connect SATA power if perhaps drops occur again just to rule that out. Also, build quality on this did far exceed what I expected. I was apprehensive about putting it into my build with thousands of dollars worth of gear until I saw how decently it was made.

I will update later this week if issue has fully resolved after I've had more time to test real use.

Still stable after five hours uptime. iCue logs only show initial insertion listed in above post. USB logger left running shows no unplug/plug events. Will continue to monitor overnight

No USB events logged overnight, iCUE logs show no drop of CoPro either. Looks like an internal USB hub IS the fix. But that begs the questions; why and how?

Ive been in C.S. my entire adult life, primarily network engineering and the only thing I can think of is that maybe the USB traffic through the hub is somehow encapsulated or something? Just really struggling to understand at a layer I, layer II level how this is working.

***Update***

24hrs uptime with no drops. confirmed via USB event viewer tool and reviewing iCue logs.

Edited by ConfigTBRZ