Corsair Community

Question with H150i Pro

AngryGingerKyky

Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of buying parts for my computer. I am using the 500D SE case, LL120 back, 2 LL140 top, and using the H150i on the front. My question lies with swapping the fans out. I like the ML120 for how quiet they are but I'm not fan of ML120 RGB look. So I am going with LL120's on it.

My question is if I do use LL120's instead, would it be efficient enough or should I go with 6 fan on the rad for push/pull config? Now that would put me up to 9 fans. If I do need to use 6 fans on the rad, would I need another C-Pro or internal USB hub for more fan slots?

Sorry for the noob question.

You could run one bank of three LL120s for the radiator and the other from the H150i controller. However, I would start off with just the single sided x 3. 360x30mm radiators don't benefit as heavily with push pull and that is a substantial buy in price for what is likely 1-2C coolant temp -- at most. You could also use the included grey ML120x3 as a test to see if it would be worth buying in. It is also possible those would work just fine if you do not need further interior lighting.

The fans have different airflow characteristics, but the radiator is enough of a buffer. Also, you won’t be running 3000 rpm. The point of doing the push pull is to keep cooling good at lower speeds. Only the pickiest of sound junkies will notice the different airflow tones.