Corsair Community

H80I V2 Fan speeds appear to be maxed

Butterygames

Im getting an issue with the fan on my H80I spinning at 2000+ RPM at all times, Idle or otherwise, I have no idea how to slow it down I tried using Link and set all the profiles to silent, when that didnt work I tried setting the profile in iCUE, no luck there either, I tried SpeedFan but my fans dont seem to be supported. I've looked all over, seen people suggest to disable 'PWM' in my BIOS but I dont have an option for that. So here I am I guess. Any suggestions?

First, the H80i v2 is powered from the motherboard CPU_FAN header. So you need to set that to a constant 12V (100%). See the AIO FAQ linked in my signature for details.

Second, what's the coolant temperature? You should see that in iCUE. And no, SpeedFan won't help you.

Well, the problem is clear. Your coolant temp is at 37.7C. That's high.

What's your ambient (room) temp?

Where do you have the cooler installed, especially in relation to the GPU?

What kind of intake do you have?

Your custom fan curve isn't applied to the fans. You need to click the curve, then click the fans, to apply it. Right now, the fans are set to the "Quiet" preset. At this temperature, though, they won't be quiet.

My guess - at this point - is that you are pulling GPU heat through the cooler and warming it up.

It doesn't look - at this point - like the cooler is damaged. Which is lucky as not powering it properly can kill the cooler. Make sure that the CPU Fan Speed setting is in the *BIOS*, not just in any software supplied by your motherboard manufacturer. I can't be any more specific than that because you've not really detailed the motherboard manufacturer. Ideally, disable ALL control so you don't have the chance of any Windows software overriding it.

I've tried changing the value in the BIOS, but I honeslty cannot find it, the only thing I could find related to fans was 'Smart Fans', I set that CPU setting to max but there is no way that I can find to change the voltage.

As for my GPU placement, its right below the pump, as seen here: 8659gJN.jpg

Motherboard manufacturer is Gigabyte model is listed in my system specs.

In terms of what kind if intake I have, I uh... dont really understand the question. You mean like where is it drawing in air? If so I've got two fans mounted at the front drawing in air

Since the fans are maxed out and the pump at the proper Quiet setting speed, the cooler is likely getting the full 12v. Otherwise it would not be able to hold those numbers.

Try swapping the two fan connectors on the splitter coming off the pump (1->2, and 2->1). Only one of them has the magic 4th pin for control and the other copies what fan 1 does. Sometimes you get a bad connection or it could be a problem with the wire on the fan, but you only need one to control both.

Alright, took a closer look and found that one of the pins in the 4 pin connection on cooler appers to have partially snapped. Looks like the builders of my machine where a little rough with it... If I apply enough force the connection is made, but when I put the back cover back on it knocked it loose again.

This appears to be more expected: d0GBzvW.png

Small update, got the case together again without breaking the connection. I guess with only 3 pins going in it was defaulting to running off of pure voltage.

Im gonna try and replace the cabling, I think someone I know can replace the wires for me. Ty for your help mate.

Well, tbh, the second picture is only "more expected" because of the coolant temperature. As the coolant temperature rises, the fans increase speed.

Your first picture, with the fans running around 2000 RPM, had a coolant temp of 37.4. This has a coolant temp of 31.