View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 06:17 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023669
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

Is that 3 LL120s on the H150i? The 140mm fans would look funny hanging off the sides of the radiator, but otherwise it would be the same set-up.

You should connect your other fans to the Commander Pro fan headers. You need to run iCUE for the cooler and for lighting. No reason to dump fan control off to the BIOS and then you cannot access it from the desktop. iCUE will allow you to make adjustments as you go. Also, if you are trying to balance the fans, you have a lots more control variable choices in the Commander Pro menu than your BIOS.

There is no disadvantage to plugging in the 10K thermistors to the C-Pro. You can use them for data collections curiosity or as a very efficient means of control. You can use a sensor as an exhaust air temp reading to get an exact value and/or you might also run one to the exhaust side of the H150i. That will mimic coolant temperature from the H150i (aka H150i Temp). The real value in the sensor is they are native to the Commander Pro's internal firmware and thus work for control even when not running iCUE. That includes boot and restart phases. So while you could set your fans to a curve based on GPU temp, when the software is not running, they will max out. With a temp probe as the sensor source, the fans will follow directions at all times. Obviously the air temp range for the rear exhaust is going to be different than the operating range of the GPU diode sensor we normally associate with GPU temp. You will have to figure that part out, but it is probably worth the effort.