Corsair Community

New iCue "Freezes" and requires constant CorsairService restart

Rakshasas

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, like many people here I spent a major amount of money for corsair stuff (Obsidian 800D, H80iv2, 32 GB Vengeance RGB, 3x LL120, 2x ML120, 1x LL140, Commander, LightNode, K70 MK2 Low Profile Rapidfire, VOID Pro Wireless) and what I get is a really major bug with the managment Software wich can cause serious damage to my (also not that cheap) hardware.

Thought I build a safe and reliable cooling environment for my system. The exact opposite happend. And this is really disappointing.

Corsair's communication in this thread is also frustrating.

Sad.

Edited by TackDaniels

I also suffer from this issue, to the point where the service cannot be restarted or taskkilled, and requires a complete system reboot.

this is quite disappointing, especially since the broken features are at the center of Corsairs marketing efforts.

My CUE or iCUE whatever its called is doing the same thing. It keeps hanging and not responding. Sometimes even going into processes and attempting to manually shut it down doesnt even work. I am forced to reboot. Not a whole lot of fun when you just wanted to change your mouse profile and when you attempt to do so the software hangs and doesnt do anything! I went back to my Corsir mouse because of Razers horrid software they forced on me always having issues and requiring 10 unnecessary processes to run in the background. If companies worried 1/2 as much about putting out something that works as they did at stealing your meta data (an who knows what else with 10 processes running) then someone might actually have something decent. At this point im ready to just use default windows driver and uninstall your software! Edited by BeardedClam

Those of you who are experiencing technical issues concerning the iCUE software: Delete all profiles/macros etc. that were created. Make sure your BIOS is switched to 1 (default) if your keyboard comes equip. Uninstall the software(iCUE), Go to Device Manager uninstall your Keyboard. SHUT DOWN Do Not Restart computer shut down completely, unplug keyboard's and mouse's USB from PC while its shut down. When you Fire back up the PC, immediately insert USB's back.

Download and use the Original CUE (Corsair Utility Engine) software. Make sure CUE isn't starting with windows, you can uncheck that in the software's settings. This would work with all keyboards/mouse etc.. Make sure you check for updates and firmware update, you can locate everything in the Corsair Utility Engine software.

Edited by Whipsngrams

Last update doesn't fix this issue. (v3.14.104)

Now ı uninstall latest iCue. And I install older Corsair Link for my H80i v2 (4.9.9.3) and reinstall older CUE (2.24.50) for my Void Pro Wireless.

I guess this problem isn't going to be solved. So far this is my best fix for me.

Like many others I created a small PowerShell script to set all iCue services to high priority on startup. This may not work for everyone, some say changing the priority lowers the frequency of the dashboard freezing but for myself it completely stops.

My H100iv2 and commander pro literally every 30-40 minutes will just stop taking readings and fan speeds will lock at what they were when icue errors out I have to hit restart on icue every time and than go and close out from the task manager. This is becoming annoying I've literally been dealing with this for months now and an update finally out for icue and nothing is fixed icue is such garbage corsair link is what im using now because corsair seems to not want to own up to this error and guess what it works unlike icue when my corsair products break im moving to a new company with better software support never again.

I have the disconnecting and reconnecting issue on a H115i Platinum happening and it's driving me mad. It will also not completely disconnect, but the pump head will change to green led and speed up to extreme, then drop back to what it was originally set to. I'm early in my diagnosis, but so far...

The cause? In my case it's the interaction between iCue and Steam.

If I allow Steam Client Bootstrapper to be part of the "Startup Applications" list the pump head will blip to green/extreme and then back to normal... a lot, I don't know how often.

If I disable Steam Client Bootstrapper process from the startup procedure on Windows 10 "Startup Apps", ... the pump head is fine. System boots, led and speed are set when iCue starts during the boot process. If later I then launch Steam, I get blips to green/extreme about 45 seconds apart. This go round it's happened twice and seems stable since as I type this.

• Corsair Employee

Hey guys, I apologize for the lack of update from us with regards to this issue. I don't blame you guys for being frustrated, I totally understand where you're coming from. I went through the thread and it seems like this freezing issue is pretty consistent from system configuration to another, so I don't think it's platform dependent due to various system configs that I've seen on this thread. I do remember a number of users reported this issue a few months back, so we then logged it and made our software team aware that we're seeing this freezing issue in the field. And so I thought the new iCUE release would have addressed this issue by now, apparently that's not the case.

So just a heads up, about two weeks ago, Tech Support has set this issue to high priority for the software team to look at and have it evaluated to see what's triggering the system to freeze. I've asked both tech support and software team to provide us an update once they've all sorted out the root cause, and potentially a permanent solution, which I am really hoping for.

Again, sorry guys for not keeping you in the loop. I'll keep you guys posted as updates come along.

At last some acknowledgement. I think the main part is that most of us have invested heavily in this ecosystem and the constant restarting of the service in the task manager(for me) to avoid issues damaging to the hardware is unacceptable.

Thank you for giving us an update @greybeard and hopefully there is some light at the end of this extremely long tunnel.

Hey guys, I apologize for the lack of update from us with regards to this issue. I don't blame you guys for being frustrated, I totally understand where you're coming from. I went through the thread and it seems like this freezing issue is pretty consistent from system configuration to another, so I don't think it's platform dependent due to various system configs that I've seen on this thread. I do remember a number of users reported this issue a few months back, so we then logged it and made our software team aware that we're seeing this freezing issue in the field. And so I thought the new iCUE release would have addressed this issue by now, apparently that's not the case.

So just a heads up, about two weeks ago, Tech Support has set this issue to high priority for the software team to look at and have it evaluated to see what's triggering the system to freeze. I've asked both tech support and software team to provide us an update once they've all sorted out the root cause, and potentially a permanent solution, which I am really hoping for.

Again, sorry guys for not keeping you in the loop. I'll keep you guys posted as updates come along.

Thanks for the status update! Good to know that you guys care

@Greybeard Thank you very much, hope it gets fixed soon.

After logging for long time (a week or two), here are the errors that caught up. not sure if it helps but i post it in case if it helps.

I did run other monitoring software's during this process sometimes. but i believe iCUE should be immune to crashes (that's when you use try-catch statement!)

Service_Error.log

Exported system info and logs.zip

Service_Trace.zip

Hay guys,

It's been a while now since my last post and I've been struggling with this issue all the way.

Today I'm here to say that I found a fix or work around that has worked for me. Someone else said that they get no flat line when they use the pre-programmed fan curves (Quiet, Balanced and Extreme). After one of the updates I lost my fan curve and got so frustrated and just left it on balanced, then I started to notice that my Dashboard is not giving me flat bars! Yes! At this point I was excited and created another custom fan curve be cause I though an update has fixed the issue, but it did indeed not fix the issue for me... :( after I created the custom curve it wasn't long before the flat bars came back to haunt me.. Then After sitting and watching my PC for hours on end to see what the hell is going on and why this might be the matter I finally saw something that I found useful..

I'm an Asus motherboard user (Asus Z370 Prime A), on windows startup I have their app (AI Suite) that opens up and it measures all of the fancy thing you'd come to expect from motherboard software. I ran burn in test a couple of times with my corsair on a normal balanced curve and with my Z370 on a custom curve, both these applications were measuring the CPU temperature directly.. Or so I thought.. It seems to me that the pre-programmed fan curves measure the temperature from the Cooler itself and not from the CPU.. So that's why iCUE didn't flat line, iCUE was reading temps from the cooler block itself and my Asus software was reading temps from the CPU itself.. If that makes sense..

I setup a fan curve (reading my water block temps) to confirm that this was the case and I have not yet had a flat bar since then.. NEAT!! :D

Continuing with the struggle I went as far as uninstalling my AI Suite (Asus Software) and set up the fan curves and such in the BIOS and then came back to iCUE and set a custom fan curve to read temps from the CPU itself and it's been running a few days now and I have not yet had once single flat bar.

Earlier in this thread someone also stated that they thought iCUE had an issue reading CPU temps if another application is already reading these temps and that also helped me on this adventure.

I think Corsair should maybe check this out? Create iCUE software specific to motherboard manufactures and have iCUE read the CPU temps from the motherboard's software? I don't know something like that.. I'm only a programmer not a software engineer.. XD It can maybe work as a quick fix until they can find a way to solve the issue 100%

Just thought I would share my findings..

P.S. Sorry for my English :D

• Corsair Employee

Thanks for sharing your workaround JayP, glad to see its working out for you. Were you also having the freezing issue in iCUE prior to your workaround?

For those are still experiencing this behavior consistently, could you please provide error logs? I need to get them over to the software team for them to evaluate. Thanks guys

Thanks for sharing your workaround JayP, glad to see its working out for you. Were you also having the freezing issue in iCUE prior to your workaround?

For those are still experiencing this behavior consistently, could you please provide error logs? I need to get them over to the software team for them to evaluate. Thanks guys

Here are my Logs

Service_Error.log