Corsair Community

K95 RGB Non-Plat 'Blinking' Every So Often

StrangeGeek

Hey Guys,

I have been experiencing an issue in iCue with my K95 RGB where the keyboard would 'blink' every 45-ish seconds on keys that a gradient is applied to, that is, go black for about half a second. This 'blinking' is also present in iCue v3.2.87

I have not noticed this issue in Cue 2 and only in iCue, although, this could be a keyboard thing and was possibly happening in Cue 2 without me even noticing.

Below you will find the profile where this 'blinking' is very apparent.

Thanks.

Spectrum Wave.cueprofile

Edited by StrangeGeek

I literally just registered this account today to echo that I'm having the same problem that you seem to be describing, only mine is with the K70 LUX RGB.

It only seemed to have started when I switched to the iCUE beta around when Far Cry 5 came out. I have tried different USB ports. I have even tried switching to different polling rates using the switch next to the cord. None of it works.

It just blinks or flickers once every half a minute to a minute. It seems to flicker to whatever background static color you have applied to the device. In my case, it flickers from a few static colors to the blue static color I have saved to the device. I'm using the attached custom profile.

Orange_And_Purple.cueprofile

I have just reinstalled iCUE and it seems to have resolved it. But im not so sure (as this is the luck that I usually have... lol) and will update tomorow.

As for your profile, the middle purple solid dims for a bit after a key has been pressed. This is also the case even when the blue backlighting underneath is disabled.

It only seemed to have started when I switched to the iCUE beta around when Far Cry 5 came out. I have tried different USB ports. I have even tried switching to different polling rates using the switch next to the cord. None of it works.

Didn't try different USBs or polling rates though. Should've before making this thread...

Also was that purple orange profile made in CUE 2? I ask because I've noticed that this 'blinking' is present in profiles that were made using CUE 2. I have not yet made a standalone profile in iCUE Beta so I don't know if this issue is only present in profiles that were made with the previous revision of the CUE interface.

Edited by StrangeGeek

Didn't try different USBs or polling rates though. Should've before making this thread...

Also was that purple orange profile made in CUE 2? I ask because I've noticed that this 'blinking' is present in profiles that were made using CUE 2. I have not yet made a standalone profile in iCUE Beta so I don't know if this issue is only present in profiles that were made with the previous revision of the CUE interface.

I can't remember exactly but I believe the Orange and Purple profile was indeed made in CUE 2 before being ported over to iCUE 2.

I can't remember exactly but I believe the Orange and Purple profile was indeed made in CUE 2 before being ported over to iCUE 2.

These profiles have been made using iCUE and contain absolutely nothing from CUE 2 (such as the lighting effects or profile). See if they blink on your board.

Edit: Yep, these profiles also blink on my board..

Test Profile 1.cueprofile

Test Profile 2.cueprofile

Test Profile 3.cueprofile

Edited by StrangeGeek

Just installed CUE 2 and there were no blinking issues at all. Good to know that it's not my board! However I think I will stay with iCUE despite this issue as it is still in early access and I feel that this bug has a high chance of being resolved.... hopefully.

These profiles have been made using iCUE and contain absolutely nothing from CUE 2 (such as the lighting effects or profile). See if they blink on your board.

Edit: Yep, these profiles also blink on my board..

Yep, they also blink on mine.

I'm sticking with iCUE for now, at least until I can't tolerate the blinking anymore. I just hope that it's resolved before the software leaves "Early Access" or I will most certainly have to roll back to the old software.

Yep, they also blink on mine.

I'm sticking with iCUE for now, at least until I can't tolerate the blinking anymore. I just hope that it's resolved before the software leaves "Early Access" or I will most certainly have to roll back to the old software.

Lets hope so!

for me the blinking is very rare and very quick in that profile you shared (nice profile btw), on mostly it blinks on the small round buttons (m1..m2..windows key lock).

But the thing is when it blinks entirely, it blinks on the icue preview too ....... :wtfeh:

I'm using it connected in a single usb 3.0 port

for me the blinking is very rare and very quick in that profile you shared (nice profile btw), on mostly it blinks on the small round buttons (m1..m2..windows key lock).

But the thing is when it blinks entirely, it blinks on the icue preview too ....... :wtfeh:

I'm using it connected in a single usb 3.0 port

Yeah, I've also noticed that. Also this blinking hates when you spam the windows lock button and makes the mx keys blink as well as the M1-M3 and brightness buttons blink, however, the mx and the indicators blink at different times.

• 2 years later...

So, I just thought I'd mention, for anyone reading this post, this is definitely a software issue and not a hardware issue. I have a K95 RGB and every now and then the memory buttons at the top flickered, I thought there was something wrong with my keyboard until I dual booted with Linux and installed ckb-next on Linux for RGB on the keyboard - no flicker occurs under Linux with ckb-next.

Subsequent to what I found above, a few weeks ago, I upgraded my machine (new CPU/MB/RAM) and must admit since installing the new components and reinstalling Windows, haven't noticed the issue occur under Windows with iCue.

Edited by aamacgregor