Corsair Community

Low cost RM650 get 10 year warranty

Vegan

My eyeballs nearly popped out of my head when I saw the warranty on the affordable RM650 with the white text label. This is a newer model of gold rated PSU.

I liked that it came with 2 EPS12V cables too, as many motherboards want that now

Not sure how much power the dual plug cables can handle, especially with the RTX 3080 wanting 320W plus of power.

• Corsair Employee
I was wondering how much difference between the 2019 version v the 2013 contestant

The new RM vs. the old RM or the new RM vs. the RMx?

The new RM is pretty much the same as the RMx, but with some cost down items. e.g.: the fan is off the shelf for the most part and the capacitors are not Japanese brand.

New supervisor IC is used to reduce the T1 and T3 timings so it can support modern standby mode. New LLC controller with burst mode so it can support 70%+ efficiency at 2% load.

I guess Corsair will have to revamp the lineup so that users can keep with new Windows features.

I was surprised at how reasonable the RM650 price is. Respect for Corsair for being more budget friendly.

The RM models so not span up very much but the RM650 can handle lots. Some reviews said it can handle being pushed hard for up to 60-75 seconds at 700+W and it will not blow up.

I know that video card boost can push power demands at times and when I saw that review I figured the RM650 is an excellent value.