View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 01:36 PM
akdeben5585's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1008668
akdeben5585 Reputation: 10

From what I can tell, the 500D RGB SE comes with a RGB LED hub, a Commander Pro, and 3 LL120 fans. I believe the standard 500D does not include the hub, Commander Pro, or fans. From your post, I assume you did not purchase the SE, so you would either need a Lighting Node Pro (and if you purchased the LL Series 120mm Case Cooling Fan Kit with RGB lighting, it comes with a RGB hub) or Commander Pro, in order to use the fans with iCue. As long as all of your Corsair fans are the same model (e.g., LL120), then you can plug up to six of them into a single hub. The hub will then plug into one of the two LED channels on the Commander or Lighting Node Pro. So yes, if you want to control the RGB on all of your fans using iCue software, you will need the hub and either a Commander or Lighting Node Pro.

Check out Zotty's CORSAIR RGB Hardware and iCUE Eco-System FAQ for more information and diagrams on how to connect your hardware. I hope this helps.

Edit: I noticed that he also has a post dedicated to setting up a 500D SE => Corsairs Obsidian 500D SE Setup Advice and Diagrams

Last edited by akdeben5585; 06-20-2019 at 02:10 PM.