Corsair Community

Fan #1 is all the time at 2700 RPM...

SolemnStrike

Hello,

So i got my H100i Platinum connected to my MSI b450 Gaming Pro Carbon with USB and CPU Fan Header.

What ever i do i can only "Control" the Fan #2.

Fan #1 sits all the time at 2700 RPM no matter what Settings i use.

Is that normal?

I also got Corsair Link but that didn't help either.

My bios Version is E7B85AMS.170 and my bios Settings are posted below, i thinks they could cause the Problem too.

The CPU (r5 3600) jumps sometimes from 37° to 47°.

However i would prefer having both fans at 1200 RPM, at the moment its extremly noisy.

icue.thumb.PNG.18efcee34ad304690e044b4c703f48c0.PNG

icue2.thumb.PNG.b9f0b8672d0b1af1424fcaf694b79904.PNG

icue3.thumb.PNG.1e8a9a94d520f5e81316d56a7a2246fa.PNG

IMG_20190803_114555.thumb.jpg.c2f78562e62e46b4c835cd8d9469049f.jpg

Standard troubleshooting for a stuck fan is to unplug and reconnect that one fan. Sometimes it doesn’t make good contact. If no change, swap the two connectors and see if the max speed stays on ch 1 or switches to ch 2 (bad fan). If it does move with the fan, plug it into a motherboard header to see if it is controllable.

Before you do any of that kill HiNFO and restart the computer. You don’t want to run multiple monitoring programs trying to access the same information.

Standard troubleshooting for a stuck fan is to unplug and reconnect that one fan. Sometimes it doesn’t make good contact. If no change, swap the two connectors and see if the max speed stays on ch 1 or switches to ch 2 (bad fan). If it does move with the fan, plug it into a motherboard header to see if it is controllable.

Before you do any of that kill HiNFO and restart the computer. You don’t want to run multiple monitoring programs trying to access the same information.

Well i think i have found the problem...

I really don't know how this happened, but the fan cable was already looking out of the header when i opened the case.

Then i was able to just pull it out with 0 Force...

Is there a way to fix it?

I tried to push it back in but it doesn't go as deep as the others...

Really don't want to send back the whole AIO because of that, probably will need to buy a normal ML120 fan then if the guarantee doesn't cover this :(

The thing is, the 100% 2700 rpm were there since day 1 (1week ago) :/

IMG_20190803_160427.thumb.jpg.7dc589a2dc53871bb36b73fc6032e4fe.jpg

IMG_20190803_160510.thumb.jpg.ea7411983d6b402f77414b9db140bb10.jpg

Not sure if you will be able to bend that straight and put it back it. Do contact Corsair Tech Support through the ticket system in the link at the top of page. They should be able to send you a new fan, not return the entire unit. However, be aware the ML-RGB High speed fans on the Platinum coolers are unique and not available as a stand alone purchase. You have to get the replacement from Corsair and the version you buy retail is a 1600 rpm max speed.

Not sure if you will be able to bend that straight and put it back it. Do contact Corsair Tech Support through the ticket system in the link at the top of page. They should be able to send you a new fan, not return the entire unit. However, be aware the ML-RGB High speed fans on the Platinum coolers are unique and not available as a stand alone purchase. You have to get the replacement from Corsair and the version you buy retail is a 1600 rpm max speed.

Oh ok, thank you very much.

I also just sent an email to the online shop where i bought it.

But they probably only have the normal 1600 rpm fans.

Meanwhile im waiting, can i still use my PC with the H100i Platinum with only 1 fan connected or isn't that recommended?

I could also assemble a D/C Case-Fan in front of the radiator and set it to 100%...