Corsair Community

K55 RGB Light suddenly stopped working

Fippooo

Hi everyone.

I bought a K55 RGB Keyboard no more than two weeks ago and it's working perfectly except for the lighting that has suddenly stopped working AT ALL.

I started my computer as usual but noticed the light wouldn't go on but didn't think of it very much at the time, thinking a simple reboot would solve it, and kept on doing my business on the computer.

The next time I started it I noticed the lights would still not come on and so I tried changing USB slot but still no luck.

Also tried another computer and an USB-dock without any change, is it broken?

I currently use the keyboard together with my Macbook Pro (temporary, thank god) with OS X Yosemite 10.10.5, which means I have no software.

Would really appreciate some help!

Thanks!

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I dont want to open a new thread...

I have a new k55...

First i tried it ob my tower pc were the lights dont worked.

Then i treid at my laptop... also no luck.

Then i took it back to my pc and it worked.

Now put te usb off an in again and now the lights dont work again...

What can i do?

Sorry for my bad english

• 5 months later...
Does none of the F-Key Combination keys change anything?

If not, contact our tech support and we can reset the keyboard by flashing the FW again.

hey my keyboard isnt lighting and the f-keys arent turning them on.

Please help i just bought this keyboard like 3 months ago

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I know its old but for anyone looking for help on the keyboard, CUE does not support the K55 RGB Keyboard. If your lights suddenly stop working hold the [FN] Key and [F4] keys until the white lights flash 2 times. It resets your macros so you will have to assign the macros again.

Edited by pedrothetruq

• 2 months later...
If you completely uninstall the CUE software, all of the FN functions will immediately work. If this doesn't give functionality to the FN key you would have to proceed to call Corsair Tech Support where they can fully guide you and assist your needs.

• 10 months later...