Corsair Community

H115i Pro stopped reading Pump speeds and monitoring liquid temps.

Damodar

Hi.

I have been using the H115i Pro with my ASUS ROG Maximus XI Gene and 9900K and it was working fine, I had profiles set up with Corsair Link 4.9.9.3 for performance and balanced with different colours for each.

Just now I tried to wake my comp from sleep and it was a black screen so I reset the PC and now Corsair Link doesn't register/monitor pump speed/ liquid temps and the profiles no longer work nor can I manage or set profiles....it's like the programing for the H115i Pro is fried.

HWINFO64 also used to see the H115i Pro but after the fail to wake from sleep it no longer registers the H115i Pro anymore.

Is my H115i Pro cooked ??? and needs replacing under warranty?? It's only 6 months old.

It's not a hardware issue. Your PC crashed. It may have affected the driver. You can try two things. 1) If easily reachable, unplug the USB from the pump block then reconnect. Do you get a Windows 'device connect' sound? You also can check the Device Manager to see if the OS sees the pump as an unknown device. 2) I suspect either way you need to reinstall the driver. Go to your Apps in the Windows Settings and right click on iCUE to start the repair/re-install. See if that allows the OS to see the device again.

FYI, you need to be careful running HWiNFO and Link at the same time. It usually results in bad data in one or both programs. If you need to run HWiNFO, disable the Corsair monitoring and use the portable version of the program. It usually prompts you do this on launch, but if you already declined it may not and you need to do it manually by right clicking the H115i pro box in chart.

OK, fixed it. For some reason the device was disabled in device manager....just enabled it and it's working now.

Thanks very much for your help c-attack...much appreciated.

Oh and by the way....I never had HWINFO64 monitor the H115i Pro as the prompt mentioned there may be issues if allowed to monitor it, it was always disabled, I was just mentioning the HWINFO64 could see the H115i Pro that's all.

Cheers and thanks again.

Edited by Damodar

FYI, you need to be careful running HWiNFO and Link at the same time. It usually results in bad data in one or both programs. If you need to run HWiNFO, disable the Corsair monitoring and use the portable version of the program. It usually prompts you do this on launch, but if you already declined it may not and you need to do it manually by right clicking the H115i pro box in chart.

I'm not sure that this still applies to the H115i PRO, with the latest versions of HWinfo and iCue? I've been running both together (and with AIDA64 as well) for a few months now, without ever getting contention. I do use the portable version on Windows 10 x64. This is on the Aorus Master.

I agree that this sounds more like OS corruption, not uncommon for Windows from time to time. Good image backups are the key here.

OK, fixed it. For some reason the device was disabled in device manager....just enabled it and it's working now.

Thanks very much for your help c-attack...much appreciated.

Oh and by the way....I never had HWINFO64 monitor the H115i Pro as the prompt mentioned there may be issues if allowed to monitor it, it was always disabled, I was just mentioning the HWINFO64 could see the H115i Pro that's all.

Cheers and thanks again.

To completely remove iCue, you should first de-install via Control Panel, then physically remove any iCue related folders left hanging aroud within ...\Program Files, ...\Program Data and ...\Users.

Check within Device Manager that the driver has been properly removed, if not, do it via the context menu.

Reboot, then try re-installing iCue.

I presume that the pump itself is still working, the pump head LED is lit and the radiator fans are spinning?

*** Sorry ignore all that... I missed the bit where you said that you'd fixed it... DOH !

Edited by Yemble