View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 01:19 PM
TotalAmnesia's PC Specs

POST ID # = 352717
TotalAmnesia Reputation: 10

Hi RamGuy,

Thanks for that. Is this what you are refering to?

Testing parameters for TWIN3X/XMS3-1600C7DHX (IN):
TWIN3X2048-16000C7DHX Data Sheet Coming Soon

Motherboard make and model: ASUS P5K3, P5E3 Premium/Deluxe !
Each pair is tested and packaged together using the following settings:
Advanced
Jumper Free
AI Overclock: Manual
CPU Ratio Control:Manual
FSB Frequency: 400 MHz
PCIE Frequency: 100
DRAM Frequency: DDR3-1600 MHz
DRAM Timings Control: Manual
CAS# Latency:___________7
RAS# to CAS# Delay:______7
RAS# Precharge:__________7
RAS# Activate to Precharge:20
DRAM Static Read Control: Disabled
DRAM Dynamic Write Control: Disabled
CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled
CPU Voltage:__________1.500V
CPU PLL Voltage:_______1.6V
DRAM Voltage:_________1.8V (1.9V for 4 Gig 2X 2.0 Gig)
FSB Termination Voltage:_1.3V
North Bridge Voltage:____1.55V
All settings not listed should be left at AUTO or BIOS Default
Maximum DDR3 recommended VDIMM: 2.00 Volts

I already searched through your link last week but it looked like the DX48BT2 had not yet been tested by an engineer yet, though on paper it all looked compatible.

If you could look to find what values your Intel Extreme motherboards are using I would be most interested.

I would guess you may have tested on the older X38 based DX38BT versions or with an older version of the Bios. Both motherboards share the same BIOS. I have tried these modules with version 1554 (The latest) and 1552 of the bios. The previous version of the bios did not have the extra 5 timing parameters but was even more unstable and would not even boot with non JDEC values.

Your help is very much appreciated. I don't think any other memory company would offer this level of customer care and this is the first time I have had trouble with any of your modules. This is why I am suspecting it could be a bug in the current BIOS or Intel motherboards.

Perhaps each side assumed the other was going to test this combination but it never happened. Intel did once produce a bad bios that did not work with the latest quad core chips and Vista-64, which was a bit of an oversight!.

Replacement motherboard was shipped today and should arrive tomorrow. If things still don't work this should narrow the possibilities to either a generic bios/X48 bug or problems with the ram it's self. I will retest with any tCL, tRCD, tRP, tRAS, tRFC, tRRD , tWR , tWTR , tRTP timings you think are good.

Speak to you soon and thanks again for taking the time to investigate...

Last edited by TotalAmnesia; 06-10-2008 at 01:22 PM.