Corsair Community

Corsairs Obsidian 500D SE Setup Advice and Diagrams

Zotty

yep spot on, that works buddy. I would run the Hydro X RGB from the Commander Pro LED channel 2 and run the strips from the Node Pro my self..

still not home so not had chance to knock up a diagram. but by looks of it. you have the theory sorted :)

Ok, then that's what I'll do too! Think my theory behind doing it that way at the time was to isolate it by itself in an attempt to prevent anything else from having a shot at causing it any problems.

Thanks again for all the help!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to add.. you could run that 6th fan on a PWM 'y' splitter on the commander pro... couple of rules involved to play safe.. no more than 9 fans in total and never any more than 2 on a header. i personally wont go over 8. and have done and still running fine to this day.

covers this in more detail in my faq.. Commander Pro Specs and the 'Some basic questions answered' section

Yeah, that's actually what I'm doing. Like I mentioned before, I got a splitter, just have to wait for delivery. And it's what I meant by running #4/#5 off of #4 on the Commander Pro. Couldn't even add more fans anyways if I wanted to - no space.

Sounds like you know what you are doing now buddy. good luck man.. we neeeeeed picture once done :)

Sure thing! LED strips were supposed to be here yesterday, still aren't here - thx USPS! Also waiting for the GPU block to be released. First custom water loop build, so stuff is a little sloppy now. Was just trying to make sure everything worked ok.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, great forum!!

I'm currently (trying) to put a build together, my first, but am struggling with compatibility, ive used part picker which says its fine, but i'd rather get proper expert advice direct from the source!

spec:

Obsidian 500D SE (already bought)

Aorus RTX 2080 Super Waterforce (has 2 rgb fans)

H115i CPU Cooler (2 rgb fans)

Aorus Z390 Master

64gb (4x16) Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200

EVO970 1TB

can you see any major issues with this build? My concern is the number of fans and how they integrate, or even simply fit into the case which already has 3 front fans!

Am I making schoolboys errors here?

Many thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
It's possible to install a cpu and gpu hydro x watercooled system using a 240mm top radiator and a 360mm front radiator with an asus rog strix rtx 2080 super? Because the configurator sugget me to buy a rear 120mm radiator, a top 240mm radiator and a front 120mm radiator. Switching the gpu with for exemple an msi rtx 2080 super ventus give me ther configuration i want. The rog strix is too long or the configurator it's doing wrong? A vertical gpu mount can solve the problem?

and here is the same set up but including another 3 fans for a Push/Pull config on the H150i Pro

http://i.imgur.com/dMbVSozl.png

Hi Zotty, new user here with a question. I have this almost exact same setup minus the lighting strips, but I am hoping to add them. Right now I have the HXi850 USB and the H150i USB plugged into the Commander pro, but in the diagram the lighting strip hub is taking up one of those USB spots and the H150i usb doesn't seem to be connected to anything. How should all three of these USBs be configured? Thank you for any assistance.

Hi buddy.... in that diagram the H150i would direct to a motherboard usb header.. Commander on another... if headers are an issue then an internal usb header extension card or normal mini/micro usb cables can be run from node/aio to rear IO.... hope that makes sense dude.

Hi buddy.... in that diagram the H150i would direct to a motherboard usb header.. Commander on another... if headers are an issue then an internal usb header extension card or normal mini/micro usb cables can be run from node/aio to rear IO.... hope that makes sense dude.

Thanks for the quick reply! The iCUE software will still allow for control of the pump speed etc through the software if I connect it this way, right?

Hi all.

I’m going to be doing some upgrades to my current system involving a new case, fans, and rgb lighting strips.

1) Obsidian 500D RGB

2) H100i RGB platinum – 240m

3) 3 pack of LL120 RGB

4) RGB LED Lighting pro strips

I read through the forum just to make sure a there wasn’t answers already given on this. But just want to be sure about two things:

1) I’m going to be top mounting the H100i to the case while upgrading the two fans to the LL120s on it. So, the fans will be blowing air through the radiator and out the top of the case. The case comes with a dust filter for the top and front. Will it be ok to leave the top dust filter on with this setup? Will it be ok with the heat being passed through it with the radiator mounted right there and the hot air traveling through the dust filter and out the case? Will the dust filter be too restrictive for outbound post radiator air flow and cause unnecessary heat buildup or potential melt the dust filter materials itself?

2) Appears to be highly recommended in this thread to not use the commander pro to power the AIO fans (fine for the RGB connections to the hub), but to connect these two LL120 fans power cables to the motherboard headers instead, yes? My mother board is a gigabyte GA-AB350m-D3H. I got no problem with wiring it up like this. But will this cause problems with their speeds not being able to be controlled with the corsair software? Will I have to use the motherboard bios instead to set their speed profiles, or will they still be detected and show up in the corsair software like the other 4 fans installed in the case (3 on the front that came with the case and the 1 I also will install on the rear of the case).

Hope that all makes sense. Thank you.

hi buddy.

1, remove the dust filter. no need it in that location if running it as exhaust.

2, Connect the LL's on the Rad to the H100i Pump buddy.. this will ensure the correct operation of your cooling system regardless of other hardware/OS/software

Edited by Zotty