Corsair Community

Icue making pc turn off psu related

CLAUDIOLDN

OK, this might be in another topic of this forum but so far I did not find anyone with the same problem.

I am trying to install iCue in my computer and it does not matter the version, I install and if it starts the corsair service it will immediately shut off the computer restarts and computer shuts off 2-5 seconds after showing login until recovery kicks in and I restore the system to an earlier point.

After testing without the PSU USB cable connected I was able to use Icue but as soon as I connect it it shuts down the computer until I revert to before the installation.

In Corsair Link, the PSU shows CPU/GPU #2 rail pulling 53A - 54A OCP is off. Is there a way to know what is making this?

Is iCue installing with OCP on by default?

Thanks

OCP.thumb.jpg.9fb06b3c19876e1eb04a8281225a0b69.jpg

After a day formatting and installing everything yesterday with the PSU and iCue seeming to cooperate with my effort and just before sitting down with a mug of coffee and turning my headphones to return here to the forum to post my conclusion about this problem, the problem came back rubbing in my face.

So I did first thing was to disconnect the PSU from all its cables and changed them from places.

I left CPU / GPU ports #1, #2 and #5 empty with the CPU 8 PIN + 4 PIN connector in CPU / GPU ports #4 and #8 and the PCIe Express 6+2 PIN Cables in CPU / GPU ports #3, #6 and #7 , and using SATA Power cables in the Left side of the Modular Panel Ports #1, #2, #4 and #5.

Then I formatted the computer and installed Icue just after the Chipset and Intel MEI driver software and the reading was 0 AMP on the CPU / GPU #2 until I wanted to use my Corsair VOID headset in the end of the day after installing everything else in the computer, they did not work. I dreaded uninstalling icue to re-install the Headphones. But for as much as I tried nothing worked I had to create a Restore point, uninstall and clean install icue, and then the CPU / GPU #2 has been showing 54A ever since. Do I have a faulty PSU?

I mean as long as I remember I have been using the computer and iCue with that reading, and it's always a Dread to install Corsair Software because of it. It will be days before I am able to use the computer with iCue installed and the worse is that despite the test I did, after getting back to the same old reading of 54A I really don´t know what is causing it nor how to solve it. and I have read in other places that I should have an Option to Activate Single and Multy Rail within iCue I never saw anything like that for the AX1200i.

And I would know because I have another PSU in another computer that clearly shows that option before showing the OCP Single Rail options. HX1000i.

My question now is:

If each port Represents a Rail then I should not see any voltage/amperage coming out of CPU / GPU Port #2 right?

iCueOCPreadingjpg.thumb.jpg.0e8487e2b055ff6e2872c78477d09541.jpg

Edited by CLAUDIOLDN

After a reading through everything I could find in my computer related to icue, namely the files in app folder, exported report, etc. I find myself with two questions now.

1. Is the AX1200I really compatible with Icue? Because as far as I read it is reporting OCP turned off and multirail off, but everytime I was installing it my computer turns off meaning with the rail at 53A the computer is going to turn off for sure.

2. If the AX1200i truly is compatible with icue what do I need to do to be able to chose between single and multirail before setting OCP either on or off.

Last but not least does anyone reading this topic with a AX1200I in their system and icue installed found in their setting - AX1200I found any of the single rails going active and if so any of them over 10A? Is anyone here using their system with Sli configuration?

All these questions are very specific because I am starting to think that either the psu is reporting most of the different cables as connected in port 2 or icue is reading it that way

Thanks for the feedback.

The AX1200i is definitely compatible with iCUE. I have been using one for the last 6 months. I always use single rail mode, but enabled Multi to look at this. I do not get any active current readings in the iCUE settings panel with multi on, OCP on. All of mine read 0A, all the time. I was able to create a small reading of 5-7A on the CPU 7 and 8, but that does not really correspond to where my extra 4 pin cables are and the 24 pin still reads 0A all the time. I am not sure how much faith I would lay upon that 53A number. That would be 600+ Watts on that line alone. It does not seem credible, but I don't know the reason for the reading either.

If you set the PSU to single rail mode, then that should override any specific rail settings. In multi-rail, you must toggle each rail's OCP on in order to make it active. I would think you would want single rail mode for your set-up, but that is your call. There does seem to be an issue, but I am not sure the mythic 53A reading is the problem.

Hello and thank you for your feedback,

As the title starts, can you please upload some prints of the screens in which you are able to set Multi-Rail or Single-Rail for the AX1200i in iCue?

Because the screen in my print is the only Options I see, when I checked my other computer with an HX1000i in it, I can choose between Single-Rail and Multi-Rail and when only after that it will show the OCP options.

Maybe I have a different Revision of the AX1200i than yours? I bought mine about some months after release by Corsair in 2013.

I am really unsure if my PSU Revision supports iCue fully now with your help.

Can you, by the way, check your revision for me? in the Sticker of the PSU? I will try to check mine, and Post it to Corsair Support.

No matter what I do I get this Reading all the time, and whenever I need to Format the computer or update iCue its a nightmare to have it working again without the cycle power-up shut down in the login screen.

Thanks for your feedback again.

...I can choose between Single-Rail and Multi-Rail and when only after that it will show the OCP options.

That is also how I see things and likely the way iCUE is set-up. When in single rail mode, you cannot see those options because they do not apply. When you enable multi-rail mode, they become visible, but still not in effect until you specifically toggle an individual rail on. When in single rail mode, the OCP is some specific global level.

I think the settings panel is a weird place to hide the rail current levels and it seems like this should be in the main panel with the other power data. On the other hand, from what I have seen, I am not sure how much value it would be. Maybe my GPU really is pulling 22A on rail 1, then 0, while rail 2 pulls 0, then 22A, and back an forth. However, I would place my wager on the difficulty in measuring these values through software and not that this is exactly what's happening.

Hello and thank you for your feedback,

As the title starts, can you please upload some prints of the screens in which you are able to set Multi-Rail or Single-Rail for the AX1200i in iCue?

Because the screen in my print is the only Options I see, when I checked my other computer with an HX1000i in it, I can choose between Single-Rail and Multi-Rail and when only after that it will show the OCP options.

Maybe I have a different Revision of the AX1200i than yours? I bought mine about some months after release by Corsair in 2013.

I am really unsure if my PSU Revision supports iCue fully now with your help.

Can you, by the way, check your revision for me? in the Sticker of the PSU? I will try to check mine, and Post it to Corsair Support.

No matter what I do I get this Reading all the time, and whenever I need to Format the computer or update iCue its a nightmare to have it working again without the cycle power-up shut down in the login screen.

Thanks for your feedback again.

Here's what I get using ICUE v3.21.88 for an AX1200i (bought ~15 months ago)...

Single Rail OCP:

attachment.php?attachmentid=36862&stc=1&d=1572478402

Multi Rail OCP:

attachment.php?attachmentid=36863&stc=1&d=1572478417

1804926705_SCMode.JPG.a4258349ac2c8789fd8d83fc9ed240e2.JPG

422531623_MCMode.JPG.bb5aa72facb01a09c1f678e90ff27c0e.JPG

Here's what I get using ICUE v3.21.88 for an AX1200i (bought ~15 months ago)...

Single Rail OCP:

attachment.php?attachmentid=36862&stc=1&d=1572478402

Multi Rail OCP:

attachment.php?attachmentid=36863&stc=1&d=1572478417

Thank you for your feedback as I suspected I don´t have that screen. My PSU does not allow single rail to begin with and I am pretty suspicious that reading falls under the whole computer as if read as single rail

Thank you again,

I am going to contact support team on this.

iCueOCPreadingjpg2.thumb.jpg.09083c86ca3b6b3b7f022bda1a1b01e7.jpg