Corsair Community

[BUG] - Fan #1 speed doesn't change

I would disagree with this. They are working as quickly as they can. The reality is that software development is hard and this is a large project. It can only go so quickly. I know this is a news flash to many but devs don't just wave a magic wand over the screen and the code suddenly works.

So ... you have some issues but you're providing some very general, high level complaints that don't give us the information that we need to actually work through what's going on. Which fans are you having difficulty controlling and what are they connected to? What lights are you talking about and what are they connected to?

To me do not give me lessons of anything, and less when they have the products on sale for months and without software that supports it for all its functions. That's a fudge and with the millions they handle, I'm not worth the excuses that programming is hard!.

I'm using six LL fans, (5-140 1-120 ), I also use four led strips connected to lighting node pro + commander pro, k95 rgb platinum + m65 pro rgb

Edited by vale84amieva§

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To me do not give me lessons of anything, and less when they have the products on sale for months and without software that supports it for all its functions. That's a fudge and with the millions they handle, I'm not worth the excuses that programming is hard!.

Call it what you will. It's reality, dude.

I'm using six LL fans, (5-140 1-120 ), I also use four led strips connected to lighting node pro + commander pro, k95 rgb platinum + m65 pro rgb

So ... with iCue, how can you not control the individual LEDs? You absolutely can. You've said what you have ... but nothing that you've complained about makes any sense. If you have a CoPro, there's no need for a Lighting Node Pro in your configuration.

This statement:

Neither can the lights be controlled individually, fan 1 controls the first two, and fan 2 controls the next four.
makes no sense at all. The first two what? The next four what? LEDs? Fans? Strips? How do you have the channel configured? Have you looked at the videos linked in my profile?

As for software ... it's out and has been out. If iCue isn't working for you, you can always use Link.

Well do not sell the products so fast!

So ... with iCue, how can you not control the individual LEDs? You absolutely can. You've said what you have ... but nothing that you've complained about makes any sense. If you have a CoPro, there's no need for a Lighting Node Pro in your configuration.

This statement: makes no sense at all. The first two what? The next four what? LEDs? Fans? Strips? How do you have the channel configured? Have you looked at the videos linked in my profile?

As for software ... it's out and has been out. If iCue isn't working for you, you can always use Link.

If smartass, I'm wrong. I did not remember that we had to buy the node pro to have it decorated! I was referring to RGB Fan LED Hub but you know that too well.

4 LED strips work well, they are the LEDs of the fans that malfunction. On the other hand, you can not manually lower the revolutions per minute of the fans.

To this I will respond with a photo and a video so that it is not ready. Going up, wait

https://imgur.com/4y1W88j This perfectly placed

https://mega.nz/#!Ehsz3bKS!RIEW4NthLmwN8uKuL-YjN-Kp0UqfxwyOWKYo42td2Rk

As, they are perfectly placed and ordered in commander pro and rgb hub. The automatic functions like viewer or rain work well even with keyboard and mouse, so the problem is software. Maybe they should hire more and better.

If you want something else you just have to ask, smarty

Edited by vale84amieva§

If smartass, I'm wrong. I did not remember that we had to buy the node pro to have it decorated! I was referring to RGB Fan LED Hub but you know that too well.

Uh, no, I don't. I don't read minds. I can only read what you wrote.

4 LED strips work well, they are the LEDs of the fans that malfunction. On the other hand, you can not manually lower the revolutions per minute of the fans.

To this I will respond with a photo and a video so that it is not ready. Going up, wait

https://imgur.com/4y1W88j This perfectly placed

https://mega.nz/#!Ehsz3bKS!RIEW4NthLmwN8uKuL-YjN-Kp0UqfxwyOWKYo42td2Rk

As, they are perfectly placed and ordered in commander pro and rgb hub. The automatic functions like viewer or rain work well even with keyboard and mouse, so the problem is software. Maybe they should hire more and better.

If you want something else you just have to ask, smarty

You have ML fans configured as LL fans in iCue. That's the problem. So ... it's what we like to call an EBChAK error. That's an Error Between Chair and Keyboard, not a software error or bug.

This statement: makes no sense at all. The first two what? The next four what? LEDs? Fans? Strips? How do you have the channel configured? Have you looked at the videos linked in my profile?

@Dev Biker I would agree with you. I to work with Dev guys and appreciate the work and effort that goes in. with regards to the issue, i think it specific to the machine it is installed on as it's not an inherent issue for ALL users. So technically it works. iCue software is free and its a software issue which is in BETA. happy to wait until it is resolved. alternatively, last resort would be to reinstall windows from scratch. a clean install of windows can resolve any underlying conflicts from past version.

there is also the possibility that it could be a conflict with other programs. I know corsair conflicts with EVGA software too. the Old Corsair Link would not work if EVGA OCX LED software booted before it.

Uh, no, I don't. I don't read minds. I can only read what you wrote.

You have ML fans configured as LL fans in iCue. That's the problem. So ... it's what we like to call an EBChAK error. That's an Error Between Chair and Keyboard, not a software error or bug.

Right, they are already in ML and working well, thank you. We can not change the fan speed or stop it altogether, does it say anything about that?

By the way, nobody is calling you a bad programmer but I will tell you one and a thousand times that it is a real shame that a company like corsair has products for sale for months with software that is now in beta

Right, they are already in ML and working well, thank you. We can not change the fan speed or stop it altogether, does it say anything about that?

By the way, nobody is calling you a bad programmer but I will tell you one and a thousand times that it is a real shame that a company like corsair has products for sale for months with software that is now in beta

Link has been released for a couple of years. So they are not selling hardware with the required software in beta.

iCUE is the next generation that is currently in beta. Link is still available.

And your lighting control issues are completely due to being mis-configured. The behavior that you described is exactly the behavior that I would expect to see when you configure ML fans on the lighting channel as LL fans.

Link has been released for a couple of years. So they are not selling hardware with the required software in beta.

iCUE is the next generation that is currently in beta. Link is still available.

And your lighting control issues are completely due to being mis-configured. The behavior that you described is exactly the behavior that I would expect to see when you configure ML fans on the lighting channel as LL fans.

What a ridiculous bigger, according to you had a software that did not exploit all the functionalities of its products, more pathetic still...

Leaving aside the advocate who feeds you, and going back to the problems, you can say something about the speed of the fans, we can not stop them completely or vary their rpm below 530 after the last update.

Maybe if your software recognized the devices by themselves we would not have this kind of problems

Edited by vale84amieva§

I've actually the same pb since today...

I can't set custom diagram to move v(T°) !

It was ok until today... I dont now why, all my custom digram doesn't work anymore, I juste can set a fixed RPM and % ...

I've 2ML140 and 1 ML 120 on the corsair commander

and also 2 ML140 on my AIO H115i pro rgb

1.png

2.png

I've actually the same pb since today...

I can't set custom diagram to move v(T°) !

It was ok until today... I dont now why, all my custom digram doesn't work anymore, I juste can set a fixed RPM and % ...

You can try using one of the three curve tools in the upper right corner of line graph box. That will reshape the curve (the first one is most similar to yours). See if the fans become unstuck. If so, click on the points and then enter the values you want in the boxes on the left, rather than dragging the points. Try for even, landmark values like 750, 800, 950, etc. This has been hit or miss, but after being stuck for a week, mine has never done it again after this.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Having the same issue, lastest iCue v3.25.60 (updated today), all firmware are lastest (for H100i Pro RGB, pair of Vengeance RGB and Commander Pro) I've set custom curve (based on CPU chip temperature), all (6) on Commander Pro are ML120 RGB Pro fans. On idle, all run (from #2 to #6) at 660 RPM (similar speeds), except first fan, running faster at (excessive IMHO) 1350 RPM. Why?

The #1 is located at bottom front of 500D SE case.

Edited by docam

The above bug is over 18 months and 20 iCUE versions ago. You are likely looking for something else. Make sure the same curve is applied to all fans. Lots of simple UI mistakes are made when doing this. Also, is there a reason you are using CPU temp as the control variable? It doesn't make a lot of sense for most builds and seems to often lead to irregular results. Regardless, one way to quick check your status is to change the curve mode to fixed RPM or fixed % and see who responds.

If fan #1 is indeed locked, you can approach it from a software or hardware end. Easiest thing to do is unplug the fan from connector #1. Replug again. Back to normal? Swap 1 <-> 2 (or whatever other fan). Obviously if the problem travels with the fan, it is likely a hardware issue. On the software side, a repair install of iCUE 3.25 seems like the place to start.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
After a week of scratching my head as to why my #1 Fan was stuck at 1700rpm but all other fans worked fine I finally caved and google'd my issue.

Forcing an update to my Commander Pro fixed it and everything else looks fine.

So a big thank you!

Same here, just got my first commander pro recently. Update firmware and restart icue seems to have fixed it.

Now if only i could figure out why my fans wont rotate!

I'm getting the exact same issue, force updating the firmware on the Commander Pro resolves it, but it's a temporary fix since this issue can persist randomly when changing profiles. This has been happening to me quite often.

Hopefully we can get a permanent fix for this soon.

• 5 months later...
Old post but I found the same problem happening and after digging around, under Settings and the Commander Pro had Fan port #1 and Fan port set to 3-pin and not Auto or 4-pin. Once changing to Auto... no issues now.