View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 02:51 PM
Custom Hardware Builder
NuclearLight's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1038813
NuclearLight Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
You can create a custom curve any time you need with the + button. Within it are fixed RPM and fixed % settings. However, none of that will do much for a test that lasts 30 seconds. The most your coolant is going to go up is 1-2C and that means the most you can lower it is by 1-2C. Maybe if you were keeping the fans artificially low you might make up some ground, but this is not a heat exchanger or external chiller, so the coolant temp won't go any lower than the case ambient. It doesn't matter for a multi-thread R20 run. It may matter more for actually use and that seems to be what you should look at for temps vs this short high intensity benchmark --- unless you are about to start some CPU rendering projects. If the VID is 1.37 then I am going to assume your actual Vcore is elevated as well. Voltage=Temp for this. 0.05-0.10v less will reduce temps far more than any cooler settings.
OK finally! Sorry for the long delay between posts. I did not bookmark this forum's URL and I had experienced another hardware complication as well.

The only way I could get all 3 fans of the Corsair H150i to spin faster than the default "quite mode" of about 400 RPM was to do the following:

1. Locate a strange cable with a Micro-USB Hub connector on one side and a 10-pin monstrosity on the other end.
2. Attach the MicroUSB side to the Corsair H150i and the 10-pin connector (with many unused connectors) to the motherboard.
3. I had to download the CORSAIR ICue software from your site.
4. The "Performance" tab on the ICue program allowed me to specify the max setting, which spun the fans as high as 1500 RPMs and the pump speed even faster!

This lowered the temperatures from 97C to about 92C when running all 8 cores using a stressful prime number "sieving" application which was looking for 10-million digit prime number candidates.

So all's well that ends well. The computer is running much cooler now, even under the harshest tests on all 8 physical cores on the Intel i9-9900KS.

Last edited by NuclearLight; 03-25-2020 at 03:28 PM.