Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE feedback

My problem has been with switching between wired>wireless and wireless>wired. I have to reset the sources in Discord and Battlenet, and sometimes I have to check the W10 sound options to be sure. Ihad a pair of Void Pros and didn't have a problem with them switching like I do with the Virtuoso.

1.) What system are you using (motherboards and USB port) Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, headset cable and dongle are hooked into a Corsair ST100 RGB Headset Stand then go into the PC.

2.) What game are you using? Did you enable SW sound settings like Atmos in Overwatch, for example? I was using Discord and Battlenet.

3.) SW version - ICue 3.21.88

4.) FW version - Dongle v.0.15.76, Headset version - v.0.17.149, ST100 version - v.0.02.91

5.) System volume level - 100%

6.) EQ settings in iCUE - None

7.) Particular content that was played - Discord and Battlenet.

Also wanted to add that my system and game sounds are played through my speakers using a SoundBlaster Zx, I normally run voice chat systems through my headset due to having tinnitus and having all of the PC sounds come through the headset just hurts.

All PC hardware and software are up-to-date.

My problem has been with switching between wired>wireless and wireless>wired. I have to reset the sources in Discord and Battlenet, and sometimes I have to check the W10 sound options to be sure. Ihad a pair of Void Pros and didn't have a problem with them switching like I do with the Virtuoso.

1.) What system are you using (motherboards and USB port) Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, headset cable and dongle are hooked into a Corsair ST100 RGB Headset Stand then go into the PC.

2.) What game are you using? Did you enable SW sound settings like Atmos in Overwatch, for example? I was using Discord and Battlenet.

4.) FW version - Dongle v.0.15.76, Headset version - v.0.17.149, ST100 version - v.0.02.91

Also wanted to add that my system and game sounds are played through my speakers using a SoundBlaster Zx, I normally run voice chat systems through my headset due to having tinnitus and having all of the PC sounds come through the headset just hurts.

Same here but with TeamSpeak or ingame chats.

Initially had issues with mic not working on USB 3.0 connection. Audio was working fine though.

After firmware update (v0.17.149) headset is no longer detected on USB 3.0, i.e. not available as audio output on Windows, not shown in iCue. Headset does power on but doesn't seem to charge. Same behaviour on IO and front panel USB 3.0 ports. (Asrock Z370 Taichi motherboard)

Switched to USB 2.0 port and both audio/mic works no issue. Charging fine as well.

Wireless receiver works fine on USB 3.0 port.

Does anyone who i contact to return this crap, i've had them, less than 4 weeks purchased them from Overclockers UK, had enough of this audio cutout in wireless and wired mode sometimes. Does anyone know what OCUK policy is for nearly 30 days? speak to them or Corsair. I actually regret purchasing this dodgy headset.

Scrub that i've got 30 days with OCUK for a faulty product, will get a refund, I'm not a beta tester.

Edited by Ady1976

Does anyone who i contact to return this crap, i've had them, less than 4 weeks purchased them from Overclockers UK, had enough of this audio cutout in wireless and wired mode sometimes. Does anyone know what OCUK policy is for nearly 30 days? speak to them or Corsair. I actually regret purchasing this dodgy headset.

Scrub that i've got 30 days with OCUK for a faulty product, will get a refund, I'm not a beta tester.

Wireless cutout sounds like a problem with an external USB 3.0 hdd as the cable on load interferes and cuts out the 2.4ghz band.

Wireless cutout sounds like a problem with an external USB 3.0 hdd as the cable on load interferes and cuts out the 2.4ghz band.

I don't have any external HDD connected and also I've tried usb 2.0 on the back on the font and on an extension less than 2 foot away from me and it's still doing it, also to add didn't have any issues with the last 2 headsets i owned plugged into any port, there's something something wrong with either this dongle or the headset, but as many other people are reporting it too I'm not getting a replacement not wasting my time will get something else.

Just to update you, i'm now running on my Logitech G935's no issues whatsoever, no breaking up, no missing sound effects, also in star citizen, when your in your ship and you press F4 to get outside view and vice versa would cut the audio out on the virtuosos like the dongle or audio drivers disabled momentarily causing the audio cutout, not so with the G935's, And to boot they have plenty punchy bass.

• Corsair Employee

With the virtuoso of a friend same problem on my configuration.

Just to clarify, you tried using a different Virtuoso headset your friend had, and you experienced the same issue?

What happens if you connect the H100i Platinum to the back of the motherboard via a standard mini USB cable? Also, are you connected to the Commander Pro right now, or direct to the motherboard via a USB header?

• Corsair Employee

When switching between wireless and wired mode, the headset will be re-detected by windows as a different device, which is why your team chats like Discord prompt you to switch devices. This is normal behavior for most audio devices, ie. if you're connected over bluetooth with a wireless headset, then switch to the 3.5mm analog. The OS will detect a different audio path, and prompt to switch.

• Corsair Employee
I also am experiencing the crackling issue on tons of games particularly overwatch.

I also have a mic that will not work in USB mode, regardless of being set on the correct input.

Zaj159 - can you provide your specs and information so I can provide it to our validations teams:

1.) What system are you using (motherboards and USB port)

2.) What game are you using? Did you enable SW sound settings like Atmos in Overwatch, for example?

3.) SW version

4.) FW version

5.) System volume level

6.) EQ settings in iCUE

7.) Particular content that was played

• Corsair Employee

What happens if you connect the dongle direct to the back USB ports? Do you still have crackling?

Just to clarify, you tried using a different Virtuoso headset your friend had, and you experienced the same issue?

What happens if you connect the H100i Platinum to the back of the motherboard via a standard mini USB cable? Also, are you connected to the Commander Pro right now, or direct to the motherboard via a USB header?

yes on a different virtuoso same problem.

I don't know but that was my next tought... There are 2 things... It's connected to the commander pro or to the nzxt usb hub. I try it later this day. With that much corsair devices it is imposible to go just with a motherboard lol. Corsair needs to do a cheap hub like nzxt.

Ran an USB cable from the io shield to the pump ugly but it seems the problem is gone. What can I do now? Is it a faulty commander? Or firmware issue with commander and virtuoso?

• Corsair Employee
Ran an USB cable from the io shield to the pump ugly but it seems the problem is gone. What can I do now? Is it a faulty commander? Or firmware issue with commander and virtuoso?

I notice you are on a Ryzen based system. Make sure you have also updated your Chipset drivers directly from the AMD website and that your board is running the most recent BIOS. The issue you are experiencing very well could be more of a USB problem and the chipset drivers on Ryzen systems are huge when it comes to USB stability.

I notice you are on a Ryzen based system. Make sure you have also updated your Chipset drivers directly from the AMD website and that your board is running the most recent BIOS. The issue you are experiencing very well could be more of a USB problem and the chipset drivers on Ryzen systems are huge when it comes to USB stability.

It is an usb problem when it only occurs if the aio is on the USB port on the commander? I have zero issues with anything. It first worked, came with one of the recent updates that where rolled out with the virtuoso. Maybe a firmware problem between commander, aio and virtuoso. Everything is up to date and every usb energy saving mode hardware and software site is turned off.

I think the problem is fixed but an unusable usb port on the commander for the aio is not how things should be.

Corsair, one question.

I usually charge my headset overnight with an USB wall plug.

The next morning, I disconnect the headset and the battery is at Medium.

Is this due to the lights staying on at night while charging? When I put in USB mode and charge using wall plug; the lights stay on and cannot be turned off...

Corsair, one question.

I usually charge my headset overnight with an USB wall plug.

The next morning, I disconnect the headset and the battery is at Medium.

Is this due to the lights staying on at night while charging? When I put in USB mode and charge using wall plug; the lights stay on and cannot be turned off...

I hook it up onto a 1amp port on my multicharger it is full within 1 hour. Cheap usb c cable?

I hook it up onto a 1amp port on my multicharger it is full within 1 hour. Cheap usb c cable?

I have a splitter and am using the original Corsair USB-C cable.

I will try a different plug to see if that is the issue.

Thanks.

Just wanted to report that my headset has an issue with using USB Mode. I get no sound at all.

I did a full driver/software uninstall and it just refuses to work in USB mode. Sometimes it says there isn't enough USB resources. Other times it doesn't.

Works fine in wireless mode.

KBhamm] - If the headset is off and i join teamspeak and turn it on Teamspeak wont recognise the mic. Close TS and rejoin the server fixes this.

I found this similar behavior in Overwatch, if I start a match with the mic muted and unmute MIC will not function, I have to leave Overwatch Chat and re-enter, less of an issue for some other games but it's still very annoying.

Have a ticket open with Corsair about it but so far no solutions.

I have now purchased 2 of these SE headsets both with the same issues, the driver is flakey and needs fixing. Remote chance that two headsets purchased from 2 different places having the same issue if there wasn't a bug in the driver or firmware

Edited by Alcasczar

I've had the non-SE model for about a month now and in the 3 days I've had a lot of issues of the sound randomly cutting in and out like it loses connection to the dongle. I put the dongle on a USB extender about 2 weeks ago so the dongle is about 2 feet away from the headset when the issue is occurring.

I've also had sound cracking issues in a few games, the one I hear it the most on is World of Warcraft when I am on dragon mounts with their wings flapping.

Since only the mic is different in the SE model (as far as I am aware) I figured this would be the best place to post my issues so far with the Virtuoso headset.

I've had the non-SE model for about a month now and in the 3 days I've had a lot of issues of the sound randomly cutting in and out like it loses connection to the dongle. I put the dongle on a USB extender about 2 weeks ago so the dongle is about 2 feet away from the headset when the issue is occurring.

I've also had sound cracking issues in a few games, the one I hear it the most on is World of Warcraft when I am on dragon mounts with their wings flapping.

Since only the mic is different in the SE model (as far as I am aware) I figured this would be the best place to post my issues so far with the Virtuoso headset.

I had exactly the same issues as your having, I've sent it back now and happily using my Logitech G935 for 4 days with 0 issues, them headsets are flawed big time.

If the connections cut out are there any usb 3 hdd cables or other usb 3 cables on full load ? usb 3 interferes with 2.4ghz wireless connections

https://www.intel.de/content/www/de/de/products/docs/io/universal-serial-bus/usb3-frequency-interference-paper.html