Corsair Community

Obsidian 1000d Build

Farbrormelker

Hi i recently bought an obisidan 1000d case and planned to use 16 LL fans for push pull configuration and wonder if i can use splitter cable for my commander pro to have 10 fans in one commander pro and the remaining 6 on the other commander pro my setup will be:

The Obsidian case

x570 crosshair formula s motherboard

3900x

2080ti rog strix advanced

two mp600 m2 memories

32 gigabyte corsair vengeance ram 4000hz

the cooling solution will be an EKWB custom loop with d5 pump

We typically recommend no more than 9 fans on a Commander Pro and no more that 2 on a single connector.

Technically, word is that splitters aren't supported though we've certainly found that they work (as long as there are no more than 2 on a single port).

thanks for your answer. Since you are an corsair employee i wonder about your build that you see when you google Obsidian 1000d i see 16 fans how did you solve this did you use 3 commander pro or did motherboard have enough fan headers to use 2 commander ? i tryed to emulate the build since i liked the setup alot

thanks for your answer im kinda new to rgb and stuff and maximum fans i ever had in a pc were pre-installed in my pc case except the AIO cooler when i bought it. However this time i wanted this beast with 16 fans and Custom water loop and found out some problems to get all stuff inside becasue most boards dont support 16 fans so i had to buy internal usb header aswell

• 1 month later...