Corsair Community

Problem with K63 wireless

kasutaja

Hi,

I have been using Corsair K63 Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for a while and have ran into some problems.

Sometimes the keyboard looses connection after I unplug the cord (charging). It doesn't restore the connection when I press the keys to repair it with the usb dongle. Only way to restore the connection is to turn off the keyboard, remove the usb dongle. Reinstall usb dongle and switch on the keyboard.

And that's not all. Recently I'm having problems that after a while when using the keyboard it stops working correctly. For example you press the E key and explorer window open instead typing the letter E. All the keys are messed up and won't to what they should to. Even after removing the usb dongle and switching the keyboard on/off it woun't fix the problem. Only restarting the PC helps.

I'm using the latest iCue software and have flashed the keyboard 2 times with the newest FW.

Using Windows 10 x64 Pro. I haven't changed anything on my PC setup so I don't think its the PC fault.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated. It's really good keyboard but these bugs are killing my experience with it :(

• Like 1

I turned the keyboard off, held down esc key and powered it on. It flashed the lights and reconnected with the dongle. And after the next startup from shutdown the keyboard didn't work again. I tried the esc trick, nothing. Removed the usb dongle. And after that it started to work again. So it seems that the reset did nothing and the keyboard works only when it feels like it :(

Can you test the kb using Bluetooth to see how it works?

I don't have a Bluetooth on motherboard to test it for a long time. But when I connect it to my console (ps4) it works fine (through Bluetooth), but I'm not using it with PS4 for longer periods of time so I don't know if it would start acting up like it does sometimes with the PC.

The issue is not that it won't work all the time. The issue is that out of nowhere it doesn't work and does strange things and then it works again like nothing has happened. Right now I have left the keyboard on when the PC is on and only turned it off when the PC is not working. This far it has been working. But its little bit inconvenient because if it works all the time when I'm not using it the battery wont last very long.

I will c how it goes and report back.

Still having the same issues. Turned on the PC, turned on the keyboard. And nothing. The keyboard didn't work. The white leds lit up that shows if its connected. After unplugging the keyboards usb dongle and re-plugging it the keyboard started to work.

At first when I got this keyboard I didn't have this type of issues. But now it really common that the keyboard doesn't work when I start using my PC or when I switch the keyboard off for a while to save battery life when the PC is on but the keyboard is not needed.

Power Saving settings could be turning off your USB port(s).

hm, how? It didn't to it before and I haven't reinstalled anything. And when the keyboard was new it worked fine except it sometimes didn't want to register the "turn off windows key" function.

I'm using front usb ports for the keyboard at the moment (corsair matx case). I could try to blug it in with extension cable to one of the usb ports at the back of the motherboard.

will c if i can find out anything.

hm, how? It didn't to it before and I haven't reinstalled anything. And when the keyboard was new it worked fine except it sometimes didn't want to register the "turn off windows key" function.

I'm using front usb ports for the keyboard at the moment (corsair matx case). I could try to blug it in with extension cable to one of the usb ports at the back of the motherboard.

will c if i can find out anything.

Today the keyboard started acting up when I powered on the PC. So I don't think that the usb power saving has anything to do with the problem. Besides I didn't have any problems before with the keyboard when I got it. I switched the keyboard off and on all the time while the PC was in sleep mode/powered on. And had 0 issues.

Maybe its the keyboard firmware or windows updates? That's the only thing that has changed since I got the Corsair keyboard.

• 2 months later...

New firmware fix your problem but you get another instead. When gaming and stand still a couple seconds you must press a key to wake the keyboard = you dead quickly!

Corsair, pleas fire your development group now!!!!! We want a new crew so we can use things we pay big money for...

New firmware fix your problem but you get another instead. When gaming and stand still a couple seconds you must press a key to wake the keyboard = you dead quickly!

Corsair, pleas fire your development group now!!!!! We want a new crew so we can use things we pay big money for...

Amazing idea: Go into iCUE and make the Sleep mode timer longer, or even disable it. Save to profile.

Oops, my bad, confused K63 settings page with Dark Core. :)

Enable LED auto shutoff, and then you can adjust the timer. There's a setting in the kb memory that needs to be changed, and this will do it. When I first flashed, it was timing out very quickly and annoyed the heck out of me.

Once it's changed, you can disable the LED auto shutoff if you like.

I have mine enabled and set for 15 minutes. I have no issues with kb sleeping on me while gaming.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just thought that I update my first post.

After the newest firmware and disabling Windows 10 fast startup (tnx for the info Apophis3) I seem to have less issues with the keyboard. Now only sometimes the keyboard is not responding (usually when the usb cable is connected) after reboot or startup. I haven't noticed any issues this far when using the keyboard, even the sleep mode seems to work correctly - thank you for corsair team for adding it, it was really annoying to switch on and off the keyboard all the time. So I could say that my initial issue is solved.

So will c how it goes. But this far its working again.

• 1 year later...

Hi, hate to resurrect old threads but I have this exact same issue. Keyboard goes to sleep (I presume) and on wake up 9/10 I have to unplug and re plug the USB dongle to get it to detect it again. WiFi symbol shows that it is connected, tried resetting by holding ESC on keyboard switch on, and re-pairing it with t dongle within iCue. Also turned off Windows 10 fast startup, but no joy.

It's driving me nuts!

• Like 1