Corsair Community

MP510 960 Temperature

How are users monitoring drive temperature, AIDA64 does not show a sensor for this drive?

The latest version of AIDA64 definitely does monitor the drive temperatures of the MP510 960 drives. I have two of these in RAID-0 on an Aorus Master mobo alongside a single Samsung 970 Evo+ 512Gb drive. All three are monitored correctly with AIDA64.

Note that I had to disable one of the AIDA64 "Safety" settings concerned with RAID (I can't remember which one) to prevent the OSD sensor text from disappearing and then re-appearing after a few seconds on every refresh. Once done, it worked as expected.

It is not in raid, AIDA 64 does not show product information or driver update for this drive, Sisoft sandra does not show a sensor. iCue system information shows sensors for my other 3 drives but not the MP510. It is only to see how well the asus mobo heatsink works or not

It is not in raid, AIDA 64 does not show product information or driver update for this drive, Sisoft sandra does not show a sensor. iCue system information shows sensors for my other 3 drives but not the MP510. It is only to see how well the asus mobo heatsink works or not

This maybe a BIOS issue concerned with the NVMe revison (the drive is rev. 1.3 May 2017). Is your Maximus BIOS up to date?

Your other option is the Windows 10 ACHI driver stack, and / or, the Intel chipset drivers. Have you upgraded to the latest Windows 10 Build 1903 yet? Obviously, because I have my drives configured as RAID-0, Windows uses the Intel RST driver stack rather than its native AHCI stack. I doubt that this is the root cause of your issue, but it is a difference.

Somebody else will need to chip in at this point, who is not using RAID.

Edited by Yemble

Yes it is a new build and the bios is 19/03. I am also using Windows 10 build 1903. I have seen users commenting on high temperatures on other sites but could not see how. I think as you suggested that it is a bios issue but I have looked through all the settings and cannot see anything related to NVMe that I can change?

Corsair SSD toolbox shows the MP510 temperature and temperature is ok but I cannot monitor it like the other drives. iCue, AiDA 64 and Sisoft sandra do not show a sensor for this drive?

Thanks for the replies above but it looks like a software issue, iCue, AIDA64 and sisoft sandra do not show a sensor for this drive. Corsair SSd toolbox and HWinfo do?

If HWinfo is working, then AIDA64 should work as well. There are three Asus specific settings in the Stability section of AIDA Preferences, as well as Low-level SMART operations. Have you tried enabling them?

Are you running the latest AIDA64 beta, v6.00.5107?

Edited by Yemble

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...