Corsair Community

New CUE doesn't have "Execute macro uninterrupted" option?

SasoDuck

I just downloaded the most recent version of CUE and opposed to my prior version, which had a checkbox for "execute macro uninterrupted" that gave the macro precedence over everything else, it does not seem to be present in the new CUE. Does anyone know if I can still set this option? Basically it allowed me to run one macro, then start another macro with EMU option checked and the new macro would play until I stopped it and then the first macro would continue. Now, if I start the second macro, it doesn't pause the old macro but instead cancels it completely. Anyone know if I can fix this?
  • Like 1

and your not on the latest CUE build lol.

what build are you using?

??? I literally went to corsair.com/downloads and chose the most recent build number.

http://i.imgur.com/MxkpzYo.png

Also checked for updates in the engine, and it says I'm running the latest version of the software.

I should have been more clear.

In your new profile, Create a new action and then click the Spanner/Screwdriver and see whether or not the checkbox for the action is available.

@Inheritance

The hardware/software profile radio buttons will not be seen for devices that do not support hardware playback. E.g. Creating a new profile with the K95 RGB selected will not have the option. But if it's the Scimitar RGB PRO or K95 Platinum, The option should be present.

In your new profile, Create a new action and then click the Spanner/Screwdriver and see whether or not the checkbox for the action is available.

Ah, ok. Yes, it's there, but the problem is that it's not there in the option I want to use: Toggle, so that it repeats indefinitely until I disable it. The option was present for Toggle in my old CUE, but not in this one for some reason

http://i.imgur.com/8t4ncWq.png

http://i.imgur.com/dbOQXeN.png

@Inheritance

The hardware/software profile radio buttons will not be seen for devices that do not support hardware playback. E.g. Creating a new profile with the K95 RGB selected will not have the option. But if it's the Scimitar RGB PRO or K95 Platinum, The option should be present.

It was supported in my previous version of CUE for my K95 and worked fine.

@Inheritance

It was supported in my previous version of CUE for my K95 and worked fine.

Yeah, unless you have an hardware playback device connected (K95P or Scimitar PRO) the hardware profile option won't appear and it defaults to software profile. Based on your screenshot you have a "normal" K95 RGB and the "normal" Scimitar RGB, neither supports hardware playback.

I have the same exact problem, but with my Scimitar PRO; the CUE software will stop any macro you have set to repeat while the button is pressed when you being another macro. To clarify:

Here is what I need to happen with two different macros set to repeat constantly on two different G keys while pressed:

Press G1 key -> Macro 1 starts

Press G2 key -> Macro 2 starts (Macro 1 pauses or continues at the same time as Macro 2)

Release G2 key -> Macro 2 stops, Macro 1 continues

Release G1 key -> Macro 1 stops

Right now what happens is as soon as I press the G2 key while keeping the G1 key pressed down, Macro 1 stops. The OP indicates that there used to be an option to “execute macro uninterrupted” which seems to allow the action I am looking for, however this option is not available when you select “while pressed” in the most recent version of CUE (2.9.53).

Has this ability been permanently removed from CUE, or was it an oversight in the most recent release? Is there some way to set up CUE to do what I need it to do that I have overlooked?

I have the same exact problem, but with my Scimitar PRO; the CUE software will stop any macro you have set to repeat while the button is pressed when you being another macro. To clarify:

Here is what I need to happen with two different macros set to repeat constantly on two different G keys while pressed:

Press G1 key -> Macro 1 starts

Press G2 key -> Macro 2 starts (Macro 1 pauses or continues at the same time as Macro 2)

Release G2 key -> Macro 2 stops, Macro 1 continues

Release G1 key -> Macro 1 stops

Right now what happens is as soon as I press the G2 key while keeping the G1 key pressed down, Macro 1 stops. The OP indicates that there used to be an option to “execute macro uninterrupted” which seems to allow the action I am looking for, however this option is not available when you select “while pressed” in the most recent version of CUE (2.9.53).

Has this ability been permanently removed from CUE, or was it an oversight in the most recent release? Is there some way to set up CUE to do what I need it to do that I have overlooked?

Right, this is exactly what I want (and used to have in my older version of CUE) with the once discrepancy that mine are set to toggle (ie button press on, second button press for off) rather than hold to keep the macro engaged.

@Inheritance

did not know that. lol

I think it might have been a mistake in CUE one that option was available. I'm not even sure you could get 2 repeating macros to execute at the same time without something breaking.

If you had it working in CUE 1, I'll ask if it was taken out by mistake but I'm pretty sure it's not.

I think it might have been a mistake in CUE one that option was available. I'm not even sure you could get 2 repeating macros to execute at the same time without something breaking.

If you had it working in CUE 1, I'll ask if it was taken out by mistake but I'm pretty sure it's not.

I'm not sure what version of CUE if any it was working in before, but the OP seems to indicate that it was. Previously, I have used both Logitech and Razor products that had macro functions and both were able to perform as I indicated; so I know that it is possible to have the functionality I am looking for with two repeating macros. What's interesting is that if you press a remapped key during a repeating macro with CUE, the repeating macro does not completely stop as it does when you activate another repeating macro. For example:

1. Press G1 key -> Macro 1 starts

2. Press G3 key -> Remapped key activates (Macro 1 pauses or continues)

3. Release G3 key -> Macro 1 continues

4. Release G1 key -> Macro 1 stops

I just need this type of functionality to work when you replace step two with another repeating macro as I previously posted.

I'm not sure what version of CUE if any it was working in before, but the OP seems to indicate that it was. Previously, I have used both Logitech and Razor products that had macro functions and both were able to perform as I indicated; so I know that it is possible to have the functionality I am looking for with two repeating macros. What's interesting is that if you press a remapped key during a repeating macro with CUE, the repeating macro does not completely stop as it does when you activate another repeating macro. For example:

I just need this type of functionality to work when you replace step two with another repeating macro as I previously posted.

Yes, this is exactly what I'm looking for too.

The previous version I was using (not sure the exact number) where it was working looked like this:

http://images.anandtech.com/doci/10112/1.png

Hm, I see. I'll pass this along, see if we can't get something worked out. If Razer and Logitech can do it Corsair can too. Hopefully lol.

Yes, this is exactly what I'm looking for too.

The previous version I was using (not sure the exact number) where it was working looked like this:

Ummmmm...... That does not narrow it down. rofl. That could be any build from after the 2nd logo change. Did it work for all the Cue 1 builds you used?

Hm, I see. I'll pass this along, see if we can't get something worked out. If Razer and Logitech can do it Corsair can too. Hopefully lol.

Ummmmm...... That does not narrow it down. rofl. That could be any build from after the 2nd logo change. Did it work for all the Cue 1 builds you used?

I know, sorry I can't be more accurate. It did work on all updates of that version of the software though, yes.

From the tone of your comment, it sounds you're part of the Corsair software team? Or connected to them in some way?

Edited by SasoDuck

• 6 months later...

Has there been any update regarding this? I have been away from gaming for awhile and now that I come back to it, my profiles don't work as they did.

I have a K65 RGB and Saber optical that I bought several years ago. In all versions of Cue 1 that I used there were 4 options for macros and one of them was to pause for interruptions and then resume. This is necessary to run several macros and like it was said by others, without this, activating a second macro cancels the first. For example, I want the 2 key pressed continuously and my mouse back button to press the 5 key. Once I trigger the 5, the 2 stops being pressed. The press 2 macro used to resume. I tried using text entry and key remapping as a work around but it only works in notepad and not in games.

Also, there used to be an option to save the profile to device memory (a hardware profile) which was represented on the profile by a processor icon (maybe it was a memory card). From what I previously read, it was necessary to circumvent macro blocking in certain games. Not sure if that is what you mean by hardware profile but I could create and save one profile to the device memory.

It would be nice to have someone from Corsair chime in to let us know that these former features are being implemented or being dropped. Like the op said, it really is a downgrade if these features are gone and I'll have to reinstall Cue 1.

Has there been any update regarding this? I have been away from gaming for awhile and now that I come back to it, my profiles don't work as they did.

No update as far as I'm aware. Unfortunately, I'm likely to be switching over to Razer when I next upgrade my hardware, largely due to this; I hear Razer's macro and customization driver is a lot more advanced than Corsair's, which has honestly digressed since I first started using Corsair products.

For reference, I'm running CUE 2.9.53 (not sure if that's the latest one though; it keeps giving me "CUE has detected an error during Software update check")