Corsair Community

What is most compact/small desktop case for Hydro X cooling?

Redmelon

This is almost like a competition: What's the smallest possible HydroX build anyone can think of? My entry:

- 1 x XR5 120mm rad.

- 1 x 120mm non-RGB fan.

- 1 x XD3 Pump/Res

- 4 x fittings (2 for rad, 2 for pump/res)

- 2 lengths of tubing (pump/res --> rad --> pump/res)

You could probably squeeze that lot into a SFF Home Theatre type PC.

The question though, is "What do you want?"

What components do you want to cool?

- CPU?

- Graphics Card? 1 or 2?

- Mobo VRMs?

- Are you planning to overclock any of those components?

How much RGB lighting do you want?

What control do you want over the RGB lighting? Is motherboard enough or do you want the flexibility that iCue gives you?

Answers to the above should give you an idea of how many fans and how much radiator capacity you need, and that's going to be a big driver for home much room you will need to set it all up.

The one concrete fact I can provide is if you want compact then you can rule out the 1000D case right off the bat :-) That guy comes with its own postcode.

Thx for quick reply =)

I'm planing to cool down these parts.

1.CPU (Intel i9-9900k)

2.Just one Graphic card

3.Mobo VRMs

I'm not planning to overclock

I'm planning to use 6 RGB lights

What control do you recommend for RGB lighting?

How many radiator do i need?

I was gonna use 240mm with 360mm radiaotor

Is it too much?

Edited by Redmelon

OK, That's a bit more info to play with :-)

I have heard a general cooling rule that says if you are NOT overclocking, which you've said you aren't, then you basically should look at 1 x 120mm fan (and rad) per component that you want to cool.

So in your case this looks like being:

- 1 x CPU

- 1 x Graphics card

- 1 x mobo VRMs (I assume you have a motherboard that has water cooling for VRMs?)

So according to that rule, 1 x 360mm rad with 3 x 120mm fans should give you sufficient cooling.

So my next question would be - do you want the "hassle" of a Hydro-X / custom loop solution or would you maybe consider a 360mm AIO (All in One) solution? The Corsair AIOs are very good, I have one in my daily drive right now and it works flawlessly. My new build is a custom Hydro-X solution, but that's just because I want the challenge !

If you want to look at an AIO solution then my guess is you will be able to get that in a much smaller case than if you go custom. The Corsair H150 AIO kits are 360mm solutions that are really easy to install.

As far as control for RGB lighting goes, I recommend the Corsair iCue solution from a software point of view. How useful this is depends to a degree on what motherboard you have in mind. iCue now talks to ASUS motherboards. I don't know how well, I have an ASUS motherboard, but havent been able to test the RGB integration with iCue yet !

This is almost like a competition: What's the smallest possible HydroX build anyone can think of? My entry:

- 1 x XR5 120mm rad.

- 1 x 120mm non-RGB fan.

- 1 x XD3 Pump/Res

- 4 x fittings (2 for rad, 2 for pump/res)

- 2 lengths of tubing (pump/res --> rad --> pump/res)

You could probably squeeze that lot into a SFF Home Theatre type PC.

The question though, is "What do you want?"

What components do you want to cool?

- CPU?

- Graphics Card? 1 or 2?

- Mobo VRMs?

- Are you planning to overclock any of those components?

How much RGB lighting do you want?

What control do you want over the RGB lighting? Is motherboard enough or do you want the flexibility that iCue gives you?

Answers to the above should give you an idea of how many fans and how much radiator capacity you need, and that's going to be a big driver for home much room you will need to set it all up.

The one concrete fact I can provide is if you want compact then you can rule out the 1000D case right off the bat :-) That guy comes with its own postcode.

So you just created a loop that cools nothing? Because that is what you described there, lol. No CPU or VGA cooling mentioned.

So you just created a loop that cools nothing? Because that is what you described there, lol. No CPU or VGA cooling mentioned.

Correct. Well done for landing on the point of my comment - being "A little more information is required before an appropriate answer can be presented". :-)